• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Car on the way

nice car....

435 hp from a four pot ... it must have a huge turbo on it ... is it going to be an easy commute traffic car ? ...G.

I will be receiving the factory turbo and downpipe, which would allow me to detune it to a stage II+ car. However in its current state it doesn't start making serious power until about 3500-4000rpm. So highway driving and regular around town should be just fine if I'm not getting into it.

Seems to a shame to de-tune it .. hope it's not too sluggish down low to DD.... G.

everyone needs a car that you can roll onto the throttle at 40 mph and break the tires loose. it really confuses people

Finally got the car and plates installed. I must say... this is the fastest car I've ever driven. Fast enough where it actually scares me a little. If you get into it and are not ready for it you do not have time to adjust... anything. I'd hazard a guess this car does 0-60 in about 3.5-4sec. It is truly a beast.

Only plans for the car are to install a TTRS front grill and perhaps a full TTRS front bumper not sure. Then install some 3M clear bra all around before the snow flies. Lastly install the TTRS brakes that were given to me with the car and install the TTRS wheels that were also included with some new tires. The TTS brakes are all new in the front and the 18" wheels have decent rubber on them such that I may not do the brake upgrade until spring. We'll see.

RWmbhJ.jpg

o1ae0t.jpg

rfKBKk.jpg

E2rmsM.jpg

S1fJU3.jpg

EDIT: I almost want someone to be driving behind me as I want to know... I think this thing spits fire out the pipes when I launch it.

So lets get this straight, your daily driver is a performance house specialty prototype audi sport coupe, and your "fun car" is a 90's ford sedan?

You are going to have all sorts of fun explaining that logic to literally EVERY person you wind up talking to about this.

Like, the audi needs a sticker that says "my other car is a Ford contour", because people will think your joking...

So lets get this straight, your daily driver is a performance house specialty prototype audi sport coupe, and your "fun car" is a 90's ford sedan?

You are going to have all sorts of fun explaining that logic to literally EVERY person you wind up talking to about this.

Like, the audi needs a sticker that says "my other car is a Ford contour", because people will think your joking...

Haha... well correction.

It's my DD because of the following... AWD, luxury features (heated seats, navigation, power everything, fantastic interior, etc), it is an automatic (wife can drive it), and if I'm out of the boost I'll get anywhere between 22-30mpg. Yes you read that right. Some guys running these setups have seen 32mpg. I couldn't get that out of my SVT unless I was doing a road trip to MI again for an SZ. Bottomline the Audi can be fun if you put your foot into it. If you drive normal it's no different then a rumbling Ford Fusion Titanium AWD ecoboost.

I have two fun cars, not just one. My 85 Camaro and my 98 SVT Tour. These cars are not DD worthy. Well I take that back the SVT could be using a lower boost map with the HKS controller in the summer. They just have to much power, not to many creature comforts and will ride rough. While my Audi may have 425whp my Camaro has 503 and my Tour will have close to 500 at the wheels as well if everything works out right.

Oh ok, I missed that the tt was a slush box. Still very nice. If you need a second driver to drag race the audi against the contour when you get it finished I might be available, lol

Cooper Paceman and Countryman are AWD. :Shrugs:

But not 425HP!

I'm guessing BMW/Audi type vehicle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Ahhh, I'm terrible with tap talk on my phone. Only loaded first page.

Now that I saw the whole thread, that is awesome! Congrats buddy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Back