• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Brake Question

Dave98SVT

CEG'er
I just got new pads and rotors all around and I'm wondering how much play the pedal should have. My pedal now goes all the way to the floor without much resistance. Is this normal?

What do you guys recommend doing with my car? Should I go back to muffler man? Or will the brakes correct themselves over time?

Oh, do you know the muffler man,
The muffler man, the muffler man,
Oh, do you know the muffler man,
Who lives in Drury Lane?

Take it back to him to have them bled. If you do it yourself, you'll need a buddy to help.

Screw asking friends. Get one of the $5 1-man bleeders that comes with the catch bottle and check valve. Friends dont make friends touch smelly brake fluid.

Take it back and make them actually do what you paid for.
If you had to ask the original question I wouldn't recommend you try and bleed them yourself.
-J

Take it back and make them actually do what you paid for.
If you had to ask the original question I wouldn't recommend you try and bleed them yourself.
-J

I think I'm going to take it back on Monday. I just don't like the fact that I have to return my car back to the place that messed it up in the first place. Also they kind of gave me a hard time because my car is lowered and a hassle to put on the lift.

Back