• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Autotrader Find

Its an SE as well.. (well it has a SE grill and doesn't state that is a SVT) Just the kit is SVT.

I think the owner is asking a bit much.. lol

Mike

It was an "obvious" understatement.. lol.. How much do SVT's go for these days up here? I'm selling mine so thats why I ask.

mike

well you got the ones on autotrader.ca

1999(stock black-$8,960-69,000kms)
(stock silver-$8,500-70,000kms)
1998(supercharged $20,000)
(stock silver-$8,200-150,000kms)
(modded black-$6,888-145,000kms)

so if your gonna sell your car you could get from $6,500 to $9,000 max depending on the extras you got

I saw that yesterday. I was equally surprised by the number of SVT's on autotrader right now.

when the market is opened like it is , its a good way to sell your car because people would rather a to pay less with private the a dealership

i know the guy. it is infact an svt. its also one clean ass car in person. and he knows its asking alot. i told him that from day one. hes just done with the car scene. if it sells it sells. if not its no skin off his back.

It was an "obvious" understatement.. lol.. How much do SVT's go for these days up here? I'm selling mine so thats why I ask.
mike

Yeah, I know. I just have to laugh at some of the prices people expect. Well I hope they would at least realize that they are more than likely going to have to come down in price.

well you got the ones on autotrader.ca

1999(stock black-$8,960-69,000kms)
(stock silver-$8,500-70,000kms)
1998(supercharged $20,000)
(stock silver-$8,200-150,000kms)
(modded black-$6,888-145,000kms)

so if your gonna sell your car you could get from $6,500 to $9,000 max depending on the extras you got...
when the market is opened like it is , its a good way to sell your car because people would rather a to pay less with private the a dealership

Still way too much money on most of them if you ask me. Considering half them have been up on the site for a month +. I am surprised that the modded black one hasn't gone. Must be something wrong with it. (other than the hood)

Keep it to the classifieds.

I have no doubt is a clean car in person. Looks really good in the photo too. Just wonder why he has a SE grill?
Any details in the SC that he used?

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Clean or not, he will never recoup the money he put into it. I think he would raise some interest in the 10 to 12K price range, but at 20K you could buy one of the others and install all the mods he has and still have a lot of money left over. I wish him luck and you never know there may be some rich kid out there with nothing better to do with 20K.

Well a few months back when I was looking for an SVT (before my house plans chanegd on me) bagged offered me his silver one (pre-turbo) with a built tranny, hightowers, koni/eibach suspension and a few more goodies for $5000, and Im pretty sure you guys know the shape that car was/is in..I think around 5g's is the average selling cost(or should be) unless you have a tonn of mods or work done (turbo, 3L, etc)

Keep it to the classifieds.

I have no doubt is a clean car in person. Looks really good in the photo too. Just wonder why he has a SE grill?
Any details in the SC that he used?

Mike

SE grills are cheaper than SVT grills! He has a Vortec Kit that has the updated jackshaft. That SVT is super clean, the paint job is great in person.

Well a few months back when I was looking for an SVT (before my house plans chanegd on me) bagged offered me his silver one (pre-turbo) with a built tranny, hightowers, koni/eibach suspension and a few more goodies for $5000, and Im pretty sure you guys know the shape that car was/is in..I think around 5g's is the average selling cost(or should be) unless you have a tonn of mods or work done (turbo, 3L, etc)

This SVT has A TON more done to it than the turbo CSVT that Bagged was selling! The paint job alone on that car is $5,000! The car also has a crazy JL Audio system etc. So you can't compare the two SVT's.

Aaron

SE grills are cheaper than SVT grills! He has a Vortec Kit that has the updated jackshaft. That SVT is super clean, the paint job is great in person.

This SVT has A TON more done to it than the turbo CSVT that Bagged was selling! The paint job alone on that car is $5,000! The car also has a crazy JL Audio system etc. So you can't compare the two SVT's.

Aaron

not being rude but everyone is saying he wont sell it for that price because you can get other cars that compare to that one if not better almost new for that price

and as for the crazy jl system i got one too there amazin and a ton of money though

not being rude but everyone is saying he wont sell it for that price because you can get other cars that compare to that one if not better almost new for that price

and as for the crazy jl system i got one too there amazin and a ton of money though

I not saying anything abut the price I know it's high and so does the seller. My point was you can't compare this car to Baggeds cars as they are two different SVT's :).

Aaron

Back