• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

need to buy a intake anyone have any good ideas??

BAT Intake pipe with a MAF adapter is a pretty decent setup up, but a heat shield is a good idea if you go that route. Nautilus performance group has a true cold air intake but I believe you have to do a little cutting to accomplish that one. Its up to you. They are out there you just have to do a little searching. You could always post a wanted ad in the classifieds and see what turns up.

I have a cheap Ebay one that will work fine if you want it. Comes with the aluminum intake pipe, clamps, couplers and a filter. You need to get a MAF adapter though. $20 shipped and it's yours. It is brand new never used.

Viper kit is good got it on my cougar v6 but get it cheap £200 new is piss take got mine new for £125 old stock but fine.

If you don't have an SVT, you could upgrade to the SVT setup... That'd be a nice upgrade for you and would probably flow all you would ever need for a 2.5L...

I've been thinking about adding an intake too. I've already got a BAT pipe attached to the stock SVT air box. I highly doubt I'd see ANY power increase. I'll be doing this mod just for the sound and underhood aesthetics.

On yourhotcar.com there is a kit for the Contour SVT, Contour V6, and the Cougar (1 kit). I bought it for my car and it looks awesome, it comes with all the attachment bands, two sylicone hoses, a metal tube with ports for all the hoses being attached, and a MAF adapter. The only problem I found with it was that the Air Filter that came with the kit was too small for the adapter. I current have a Spector air filter on mine. the Kit cost $38 with shipping, $26 w/o shipping.

There is a noticeable difference!!!

im going to go ahead and bump this and hijack it :)

planning a 3l build in my cougar, with a svt lite, headers then the rest of the way back 2.5 inch, i like the look of the svt air box but the question is, would it be restrictive with my set up? i would add a k&n filter if that makes any difference

iirc the SVT airbox is the same one used on a mustang of the time, I don't see it being a problem. I used one with my 3L until I went FI. add a drop in K&N if you want to.

alright sounds good to me, i dont think many people have put one on a cougar, but i like the clean look of it

I'm putting an SVT airbox in a cougar! I didnt know it originally came bolted to a v8 though, epic info dude!

it sounds beastly bolted to a 3.0, especially with the fender port thing disconnected!

Back