• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need shift tower work in Dallas

bohdi

CEG'er
It seems the famous bolt in my shift tower has broken. I would do the work myself, but I don't have the time.

I'm looking for recommendations on a shop in the Dallas area - Plano/Richardson is a plus - that has done this before and charged a reasonable price. I've got a couple shops that I know and trust, but I would prefer to not have to "educate" the mechanic on this particular issue. I'm not above taking it to the dealership right now - I'm willing to pay a premium for expertise.

Need to get the car in by Friday at the latest, so quick responses are appreciated.

Thanks for the replies, but this turned out to be the last straw for me. I'm done . I need a dependable car.

Just waiting on my AirCheck voucher to come in so I can trade it off. New car smell here I come!

a shift tower breaks and the car isn't reliable?

More power to ya for getting a new car, and all, but I've found that more times than not a car that "isn't reliable" is actually a car that either wasn't maintained or was abused.

Your mileage may vary, so take it with a grain of salt.

Eh. Check his classifieds listing. There's more than just the shift tower that needs help on his car. I'd be tempted to pick it up, but I'm not willing to fork out what the state is willing to pay him. **sigh** Oh well. The search continues for an inexpensive SVT.

Thanks for the replies, I did sell the car privately for a fair price. State fund ran out of money.

Ray, yeah the car needed more than the shift tower. I maintained it regularly, but didn't have the time to fix most problems that came up - sooo, that usually meant an expensive repair bill or not fixing it at all.

Take good care of her John! I'm sure you'll do much better than me.

:)

I'm sure going to try and get her back in shape! I have been talking with Cuda06 and am in the process of getting some parts lined up. I'll start tearing into her next week on my week off to determine just what will be required. The journey begins! :cool:

....and thanks for a smooth sale!

Back