• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

need new suspension. Want something very close to stock

ok their seems to be alot of misinformation going on here lol. 95 mystique you are right at their highest setting ground controls are still about an inch shorter then stock. However, saying that a 1.75 inch drop is moderate is kinda funny to say, I mean for you car its not too bad due to you not having ground effects, but on the svt a 1.75 inch drop is alot and will bring the nose down to almost the ground, plus anything over 1.5 inches and it messes with your camber.

I ran ground controls and had them set to stock height. Jaged has also run GCs on his autoX car with them set to near stock height as well.

well they claim it drops your car from 1 inch to 3 inches so I guess most just assume it will be 1 inch lower then stock at the highest height.

Maybe i am misinformed, but dont chew me out for my next statement...

After installing my springs/struts/LCA's, i never had an allignment, and my tires are wearing darn near perfect. No choppiness, inside isnt wearing any more than the rest of the tire, and the wheels down appear to tilt in at the tops. Therefore, i dont think it messed with camber that much.

thanks everyone! I guess I'll be going with new bushings, LCA's for the rear and the kit. Now I'll just have to decide which route to go! Black...if you find a nice price on the Konis lemme know where you get them. I'm gonna be waiting till next year sometime when the snow thaws out to do it so I'll have some time to think about it :) thanks again everyone

Back