• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need help with a list

No actually the quaife just has a lifetime warantee, the Torsen has better torque biasing, so the better one is Torsen, and besides I already have a torsen so I am not buying another atb.

^^^^^^^^^^^
so special

powdercoated crank = 59TQ

Ryan, cant really think of anything right now. larger LIM/UIM larger TB bigger.

I think the spec stage 4 might be overkill. I don't recall reading anything about someone running out of holding power on the stage 3s.

Same thing with forged rods, have not been the weak link in even boosted 3L setups. But I suppose there is something to be said about having everything BUILT up.

Turbo blanket if not included in kit from Nautilus. Will really help with keeping underhood temps down.

Battery relocation kit from summit. Maybe a turbo timer.

You will most likely want some gauges if you dont already have them. Easier to install with engine out too. EGT, Wideband AFR, Xcal2 for tuning, IAT temp before and after intercooler would be nice to have as well.

Sorry if you already have this stuff. Just trying to recall everything I have bought.

Yes I was thinking of a turbo blanket, turbo timer as well. I will wanna do guages for egt ect also. Battery relocation is a MUST thanks for the reminder.

You will probably want to do something with the engine mounts and some type of frame stiffening.

Check the lower control arms and make sure the bushings are intact.

You will deffinitely need some track tires. I took my CSVT to the local 1/8th street drag event and could not get any traction due to all the soft rubber on the track.

I would also try to drop some weight out of the car.

You will probably want to do something with the engine mounts and some type of frame stiffening.

Check the lower control arms and make sure the bushings are intact.

You will deffinitely need some track tires. I took my CSVT to the local 1/8th street drag event and could not get any traction due to all the soft rubber on the track.

I would also try to drop some weight out of the car.

Yeah all thats a given!!!

stiffening the chassis would help for launches, but it also depends on your style of racing too: street pulls, drag, or road race. also im pretty sure as of right now you cant buy forged axles because driveshaft shop doesnt make them anymore. and talking about forged internals; the rods and lifters are already forged in the CSVT 2.5s. the weak point that people have problems with when running higher hp at higher rpm is the main rod bearings.. and yes a spec 4 is overkill, a 3 or 3+ with a lightened flywheel would be plenty.

I think the spec stage 4 might be overkill. I don't recall reading anything about someone running out of holding power on the stage 3s.

at SZ Stazi's car was slipping, then again we did have stazi, myself, todd, and warmonger in the car, on the highway, trying to pull, with high boost. but he was slipping at the drag strip later that night.

Torque Capacity:
2.5L

Stage 1 = 270
Stage 2 = 340
Stage 2+ = 385
Stage 3 = 440
Stage 3+ = 540
Stage 4 = 450
Stage 5 = 610

In the end, you probably won't exceed the torque capacity of a Stage 1/2 with either application. With the Stage 3+, you are paying for a clutch that can handle more than a Stage 4, but is as easy to drive as a Stage 2.

Thanks

taken from the GB section.

I am pretty sure Stazi's clutch issues were a result of some other failure and not the disc's inability to handle that torque load.

Didn't he even say it may have been glazed and needed replacement?

What stage did burrita use when his cas was pulling 410lb/ft of torque?

Back