• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need help looking 4 amp

CEM Rider

CEG'er
Ok so I've decided to get rid of my "temporary" amp and install one with cleaner power. I'm looking for something that will utilize all my subs capabilitys and stay under 300$ (200$ preferance). So if someone would be able to give me some advice that would be awsome. FYI 2 12"CompVR wired at 4ohms

Last edited:
hmm the only cheaper reputable 1 ohm stable amp i know of is Hifonics.... they are made by MB Quart too...

Actually MB Quart was bought out by Maxsonics, who also owns Hifonics. Kind of like how Jag is owned by Ford.. Two completely different companies, but same owner. But yes, Hifonics amps rock!

Last edited:
Definitely go hifonics at 1 0hm.... youll get much more power out of it and hifonics you can find cheap online... the only store i know that has them carries the Brutus series 1200w x 1 at 1 ohm.. Thats Frys Electronics

So wire my subs for 1 ohm over 4 ohm? Will i love SQ that way? What the major advantage?

Ok so I've been looking and im down to:
Hifonics zeus series ZXi6006 1x600@4ohm rms Bridged 165$ Shipped
Hifonics zeus series ZXi1006 1x1000@4ohm rms Bridged 257$ Shipped
Hifonics Titan series TXi6006 1x600@4ohm rms Bridged 165$ Shipped
Boss Blade series Bl3kd 1x1200@4ohm rms Mono 250$ Shipped
Kenwood KAC-9152D 1x500@4ohm rms Mono 187$
Pioneer Premier PRS-D2000T 1x600@4ohm rms Bridged 240$

Any opinions? I'm thinking boss over rates their items.

Sorry I didnt respond to your message.. Are you sure those Hifonics amps arent Refurbs? I thought the dealer cost on the ZXI1006 is $350.
One other brand you might want to consider for the price is Crunch.. I know the brand used to be crap, but its another one of those brands that was bought out by Maxxsonics. So now you can basicly get hifonics quality under the Crunch name.
Check out the PZI1000.1 or 1500.1. They are class A-B, 1 ohm stable and come with a remote knob. The 1000.1 you can get for around $135 the 1500.1 for around $165. You could also look at the PZI325.2 Briged at 4ohm you would get around 650-700w. you can find one of those for about $120

Depending on what speakers are in your box you can probably re-wire it to run a 1ohm load.
And yes, Boss overrates their stuff and they suck.

Last edited:
Nevermind, I see the online pricing for the Zeus series. those places must order in bulk and get a deal. Go with them if you want Hifonics, my connection can't touch that price.

I can rewire for 1-ohm. Wont you lose SQ at 1ohm? Can you give me a hifonics recommendation? An amp for 4ohm and one for 1ohm?

Last edited:
Back