• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need Help in MI

waves360

CEG'er
I want to do a custom turbo install in Michigan anyone out there can help me

i have a mint SF svt no rust def worth a turbo

i really just need turbo headers, the rest i can do unless your offering :)

So you want someone to fab a kit up from scratch for free for you? Might get someone to install a Nautilus kit for you but that's it.

ummm please don't insult me sir i know nothing is free... i am going to pay for someones time i just need custom headers made, I already got a t3/t4 turbo, and saving for a decent inter cooler. i wanna be different any person can go buy the kit and slap it on in there garage i wanna do my own custom kit, I like getting my self into complicating things. plus i got enough time on my hand, it comes down to a ported 3l with a wet shot, or a turbo'd 2.5. so you wanna help or just comment.

Save yourself the headache...

User CP > Edit ignore list > Add member (todras) to the list > Okay

lol

Rawburt...put yourself on ignore...cause your not help either in this situation :laugh:

waves.....look up a ceg'r called bronco_wrx.

He was 90% building a custom turbo kit...he still has his custom log headers available....pm him...and give that a try. If you can not reach him...let me know i'll get a hold of his brother.

Rawburt...put yourself on ignore...cause your not help either in this situation :laugh:

waves.....look up a ceg'r called bronco_wrx.

He was 90% building a custom turbo kit...he still has his custom log headers available....pm him...and give that a try. If you can not reach him...let me know i'll get a hold of his brother.

thank you

just to see the process of him doing it. i think id be neat to follow the stages of the build. sorry i wasnt more clear :cool:

was a thought, i would also need help with that i dont know the basics,

its either 3l or 2.5 turbo the cheaper route is what i want, the 3l well eventually yield a turbo if i went that route.

car is really clean, it deserves it unlike my black POS.. :)

obviously doing a 3L is going to be way cheaper than a custom fabbed turbo setup.

obviously doing a 3L is going to be way cheaper than a custom fabbed turbo setup.
I have no idea how much a 3L swap is, but a quality custom turbo setup can be done for under $2000 (hell, my buddy made his own non-intercooled setup in a couple days for under $1000 - engine management included). But you have to do all the work yourself.

a 3l swap is like..less than 1k >.>

It sure is if you are doing a build like that car Wien_sean got that was hacked to and barely ran. The 3L engine alone is under 1k. Then talk about upgrading the trans and everything else to make it run and handle the additional power, provided you want to do it correctly and not cut corners.

As people have said before- with turbos there are alot of small parts needed to make it run 100%, that nickel and dime the cost. The guy with the silver SVT from Dayton said he spent about 4500 on everything and his was only a 2.5L. IIRC Brapple said his build was approaching 5-6k for engine/powertrain mods.

3L is the cheapest but its still gonna run around 2k+ for even a simple but proper build.

oh, my bad. I was judging off the costs i have seen around the site and 1k seemed like it would get the motor and trans done.

It sure is if you are doing a build like that car Wien_sean got that was hacked to and barely ran. The 3L engine alone is under 1k. Then talk about upgrading the trans and everything else to make it run and handle the additional power, provided you want to do it correctly and not cut corners.

As people have said before- with turbos there are alot of small parts needed to make it run 100%, that nickel and dime the cost. The guy with the silver SVT from Dayton said he spent about 4500 on everything and his was only a 2.5L. IIRC Brapple said his build was approaching 5-6k for engine/powertrain mods.

3L is the cheapest but its still gonna run around 2k+ for even a simple but proper build.

Somebody who actually understands that it isn't cheap to build things correct! Yah. :)

oh, my bad. I was judging off the costs i have seen around the site and 1k seemed like it would get the motor and trans done.

1k MIGHT get you the 3L and Limited Slip Diff alone, but that doesn't include a new clutch, building of the trans, installation of the 3L, all the money on new gaskets to do it right, B.B.P, quality fresh fluids, etc.. etc.. etc...

Back