• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need help.. about chip, an few other things plz =)

mrdennis87

New CEG'er
I am getting a little extra money on Tuesday, and would like to do something to my CSVT :D ..
my 02 sensor bank2? is bad, (assuming the actual cat is bad..) I am looking for a way to bypass or turn off the back 02 sensors, so it is isn't hurting my mileage, and to get rid of that engine light of course, and If the cats "fell off" I would want to replace them with other piping, and be able to without sensors going crazy...

I was told a chip could tune, the car, is their a website where I can view mods for each chip or ?

Also I've seen "Mil eliminators" ?

any help would be appreciated =) ty in advance!

Is it the upper or lower O2? If its the upper then you need to change it, if its the lower then you can put mil elimimators on it.
Idk if people still make chips for these cars or not. Your best bet would be to buy a xcal2 or xcal3 and either get it dyno tuned or contact Joey about tuning.

Is it the upper or lower O2? If its the upper then you need to change it, if its the lower then you can put mil elimimators on it.
Idk if people still make chips for these cars or not. Your best bet would be to buy a xcal2 or xcal3 and either get it dyno tuned or contact Joey about tuning.

SCT still makes chips for them...I have one in my 3L. I would rather have a hand held but it came with the other 3L I bought last year.

I was trying to look at the models you listed for the hand held tuners, the company was showing 5 models, couldnt find that one.. are all hand held tuners just preloaded with a profile that you load onto the car?

Also I read about tunerchips that can add up to 75 hp, I now have my money and am looking for a chip that would give me more mpg/horse/torque.. hpoefully 25hp or more :D any sites that you guys trust?

sry forgot to mention.. I read online, and I forget what codes it was but it is the 02 sensor behind one of the back cats.. I need to buy mil eliminators, wondering how they hook up though.. or where to get them..

Nothing is going to get you 75 hp. With a stock motor you would be lucky to get 15 hp out of a tune. And that's a custom tune, not a canned tune

Back