• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need a window.

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
After spending 6 hrs with some friends for my bor's batchelor party we get to me car and someone says "Josh, someone broke into your car". All in all it could have been much worse, i took my faceplate off so my radio was still there, all they took was a backpack i had on the floor that had a pair of pants and some misc stuff in it, nothing major, but i'm now in extreem need of a pass. front window. They messed up my door jam prety good and some other stuff, but like i said it could be much worse.

I'm really not financially prepared to deal with fixing this right now so if someone can help me out it'ld be GREATLY appreciated.

All i have to say: Get a ****ing job and quit stealing people's **** you lazy sons of whores!!

~Josh

Last edited:
Ouch...That Sucks
It's a good thing u had the faceplate off or the damage could've been much worst.

Hope you find whoever did it and beat the living $hit out of them.

Damage update

Damage update

Noticed today my trunk lock was messed up prety bad and no longer takes akey.

About 2 weeks before this happened, learning from other CEGers incidents, i disconected my trunk popper inside the cabin. This is my CSI of the event:

They tried to pry the door open and unlock it manually, didn't work.

They then popped my window and unlocked my doors and grabbed my backpack.

After searching around and moving things throughout my car and i assume trying my trunk lever in the car they tried to break into my trunk by hammering a screw driver into the trunk lock. This also didn't work.

I assume they unlocked my doors because again items were moved throughout the cabin that were not reachable just by opening one door, however when i got to the car it was locked, so they must have re-locked my doors. I'm going to dick around this week and try and get a finger print off of something, i want this ****er bad!

I know nothing is going to come of this as far as catching comeone, but i'ld still love to ruyn into this guy somewhere and let him know how i feel, if you know what i mean.

Dude, when they broke into my car Phil picked up a window for $22.00 from that junkyard up here. Get in that Festiva and get your ass down here.

From bad to worse

From bad to worse

Well, found more damage. This is looking less and less like a smash and grab, these guys spent some time in my car for sure. I looked over my right shoulder to back up tonight and realized my rear seat leather was wrinkled, imediatly i realize what's happened. These guys wanted in my trunk BAD! They pulled on the top corner of the rear pass seatback so hard it broke the board inside the seat, so it's shot and has to be replaced. I almost wish they would have gotten into my trunk......because then all their hard work would have paid off in the form of 4 12's, and i'm not talking about subs, all i had in my trunk were the 4 12" steelies off my festiva i was taking to Sheboygan to blast and paint this weekend. Farking criminals!

Just to make myself feel better i've got a couple "bright-sides"

-Instead of replacing the trunk lock, i think i'm going to go ahead with my plan to shave it along with the antenna.

-I'm going to just strip the rear seats for the rest of the year untill i get my parts car in order, while they're out i'll take teh car to the strip with my otehr new pieces and see what i can do.

-There's a small u-pull-it down here that had a 95 on saturday, i'm going to give them a call and get a price on the window.

dude that sucks.... I wish the Contour and the Cougar had more things in common because I have a full set of replacement glass at home in my garage for the Coug.

Good Luck on nailing the douche bags and repairing your damage. Gimme a call when your at the pull it place - I might have you nab some shizzy if its in good condition. :)

Well, i'm going tomorrow morning, taking a half day at work, and snagging a fiew parts for the festy as well, they don't ahve much of anything in good condition.

~Josh

Glass is all cleaned up, took forever. Hopefully picking up a winow in the morning and slapping it in to get rid of the dam tarp over my door.

Anyone have tips on removing\installing a window??

~Josh

Glass is all cleaned up, took forever. Hopefully picking up a winow in the morning and slapping it in to get rid of the dam tarp over my door.

Anyone have tips on removing\installing a window??

~Josh

I've removed the stuff its easy no harder putting them in.

Window installs are generally pretty easy. Take the skin off of the door, which is held on by I think 8 screws. 2 at the opened end, 1 on the hinge end, 2 at the bottom, 1 behind the lock/handle, and then 2 large screws on the armrest handle. You have to take that plate off to get to those screws.

You'll definitely see where the glass goes in. There will be a couple of plastic tracks, where there will most likely be broken glass. Loosen that up, remove all the broken glass, and then install the new glass. Tighten them back up, and that's about it. It should be self-explanatory once you get in there.

The screws on the doors I know, but my experience with the glass, is from a Lincoln LS. I'm assuming they are very similar. Good luck!

Mark

It's done, wasn't hard at all just time consuming gewttingall the glass out of the track and remnants vaccumed out of the door.

The only permanent reminder of this incident is a wavy section in the window's trim, because it's a rubber coated metal, it stretched when they pryed the window to break it and i cannot get it totaly smooth again, but it looks OK. I will most likely be replacing the door this winter because of it. The trunk lock will be permanently shaved this winter and the seat will be replaced with one from the soon-to-be-mine parts car.

~Josh

glad to hear you got it all together again!

hey.. did that pull it place have a Passengers side wiper arm in good shape?

the hail shattered one of those black plastic covers that goes over the bolt area (its like a little oblong black cover that you flip up to get at the bolt) and now Jenkins says Ford does not make the wiper arm anymore and hes scouring everywhere for one which will make my ass hurt later.

I just blew 175.00 on a Mondeo grill which makes me sorta pukey thinking about it. :( so I needs a deal to make it all better again.

wanna sell it to me? it still has an INTACT plastic cover? :D

BTW -- window related question here...

I got into the car this morning and all the windows were all dewy on the outside so I opened all the windows and rolled them back up so they would be clear for driving... Long story short is that I was driving to work and it sounded like a window or door was open - got to work and noticed that my LH Rear was open like 2 centimenters and wont go up all the way now.. I tried both front and rear switches and even pushed as it went up and its still cracked... argh, help?

Back