• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

NE philly brake help.

MarcMiller

Veteran CEG'er
I doubt anyones gonna wanna help me out but i got new brakes like 6 months ago and ever since then my brakes have the WORST squeek..ive taken myccar back but after a day they started squeeking again.

So if anyone on here feels generous and wants to help me fix my squeeky brakes PM me ill appreciate it.

I dont have a shop or anything but im really trying to get this fixed

What kind of pads did you get? Did you turn or replace your rotors when you did it? Did you use brake lube liberally on all metal to metal contact surfaces? Do you have enough brake fluid? Check all that out and then come tell us and we'll be able to help you.

i just got my rotors cut down and everything else i dunno cause i got them all done along with alot of other things so idk if they did it or not.
and im not sure they used the brake lube that could be it...i have no idea.
its the shoes in the rear too all 4 squeek

Well, that's what I'm trying to say is that it's kinda hard to diagnose without actually seeing the car, but I'm assuming you don't have access to an area to work on it? If you do, I'd suggest pulling the front tire and inspecting the brakes physically, if you still can't see a source of the squeeling you're going to have to probably take them off and inspect them. The drums will have to be taken apart regardless, but it might just be as simple as a clip being out of place, you just have to look.

It's very uncommon for drum brakes to squeal , so I'd concentrate on looking at the fronts . I don't remember what the brake clips (etc.) look like on a Contour , but it could be caused by a bad pad , faulty caliper or even something wrong with the rotor . This can sometimes be a real mutha to diagnose , unfortunately :( . It could have even been caused by shavings left on the rotor when it was cut , now being embedded in the new pads ...

yeah thats what im thinking but if i do it i wont know what im looking at..thats why im looking for someone to help me out in my area.

its the most annoying thing ever having brakes that squeek that loud EVERY time you stop.

we (96MystiqueGS myself and my dad) checked out the front brakes and cleaned them up real good.

the problem is the Drum* brakes surprisingly.
we're gonna check them out in a few weeks.

we (96MystiqueGS myself and my dad) checked out the front brakes and cleaned them up real good.

the problem is the disc brakes surprisingly.
we're gonna check them out in a few weeks.

You mean the drum brakes in the back. I'll let you know when I've got a day to come down. We'll make a whole day of it.

Back