• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nawwwwwwwwwwwzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
nawz.gif

Copyofbradspics030.jpg

bradspics124.jpg

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117747.0

a nitrous bottle won't blow up from anything but an open flame. every bottle has a pressure release on it, even if it doesn't have a tube. if the pressure exceeds 4000 psi it will blow a cap off the side of the nozzle of the bottle. when you put that tube on it your just making sure if that happens it will go outside the car. looks like in that picture it was a car that got hit that just happened to have nitrous on it?

a nitrous bottle won't blow up from anything but an open flame. every bottle has a pressure release on it, even if it doesn't have a tube. if the pressure exceeds 4000 psi it will blow a cap off the side of the nozzle of the bottle. when you put that tube on it your just making sure if that happens it will go outside the car. looks like in that picture it was a car that got hit that just happened to have nitrous on it?

Oh yea?

http://www.saturnspeed.com/nitrousexplosion.htm

I may be off base here, but this look like a regular rear end cash. Dents in rear fenders, bent up rear window frame. If it did blow up, why is there no burn area in the rear area or melted parts from the heat.....:shrug:

like i said. the bottle will not explode. the safety cap with blow off first. if you struck the bottle or somethign like that it could explode if the structural integrity were hampered. a composite bottle would have a good chance of that. often times they break where the valve is installed. and todd, i don't wanna argue about it. please believe me. the bottles have a pop off valve that will not allow the bottle itself to explode. something strange must have happened for a nitrous bottle to do that type of damage. if it was a carbon fiber or w/e they use in their "composite" bottle, it could happen. anything striking that bottle with force would blow it open, and do some damage.

Hey retard! Why don't you click on the link I provided!

http://www.saturnspeed.com/nitrousexplosion.htm

Because the bottle valve was turned off, the thermostat for the bottle heater did not "know" to turn off. The heater continued to elevate the pressure inside the bottle as it was intended to do. At some point the the safety valve on the bottle failed to release the pressure. The pressure continued to rise until it caused the bottle to rupture in an explosive manner.

I guess these guys had nothing better to do so they set up cars to explode. :rolleyes: How about you go run a 100 shot through a Contour because you know everything. Oh wait...

sounds like a lie to me. i drove my car for a whole day with my bottle heater on and it only ran the pressure up to 1150.

the pop off cap on the valve for ANY nitrous system will pop at no lower than 3000 PSI. the NX bottle valve i had had a pop off set for 4000 PSI. four thousand psi? at 98 degrees Farenheit a full 10 LB bottle would go to 1000 PSI. so you would have to have 300 plus degrees Farenheit of temperature to pop off the safety. so the safety failed, either way, something WAY out of the ordinary had to happen. a bottle heater cannot supply enough heat to make a nitrous bottle explode! plain and simple! people hold torches to nitrous bottles for 10 minutes and nothing happens!!!!!!

you can show me your stupid link all day long. READ UP ON YOUR NITROUS FACTS BRO. a 10LB capacity nitrous bottle is 27 LBS of steel. its gonna take a CRAP ton of heat to blow it up!!!! sorry dude. bottle heaters can't make that happen. the stories you are reading about are missing key facts, they really must be. there's no way it can get high enough to blow up a bottle and do that much damage. like i said, i'm not going to argue with you. i researched nitrous, and spent countless hours arguing this cap to people. i spent hours and hours on the phone with nitrous express to make sure i went about nitrous usage the right way. on the days i went out to play i had the bottle heater on and the bottle closed for hours on end, in 90 degree plus heat in the trunk of my car. doesn't happen!

and that's all you got to go on eh?

dude i made 318 WHP on a 600 dollar nitrous kit for 3 years man! say what you will, go post more braggin videos about your stupid fuggin brakes for real bro!

and for the record, there is no jetting chart for a 100 shot on a contour. so i ran one for a four valve mustang. so it was probably more like a 125 shot. FOR THREE YEARS! on a STOCK DIFF! and the diff is on my bench looking like new! maybe the problem with you guys is you don't know how to drive, and you don't know how to make power. lol! peace out man, fugg this thread.

mint no joke. look at the paint! there is not a scratch on it! well that you can see from the pictures. there was not impact to that vehicle. that bottle had to "rupture" not explode. that explains the lack of burns etc. freak accident. that sucks

Several things don’t add up here…

The owner must have tampered with the bottle. I bet the first time it released, he replaced the pesky safety disc with something just a little more durable…

Some possibility this was staged – perhaps just as described above.

and that's all you got to go on eh?

dude i made 318 WHP on a 600 dollar nitrous kit for 3 years man! say what you will, go post more braggin videos about your stupid fuggin brakes for real bro!

Don't waste your time arguing with todd. If the saturn speed link says its right, then it MUST be right. :crazy: I love how he likes to run around and preach about FI when he has next to no experience with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back