• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Nautilus Intak Adapter

Bignose94015

New CEG'er
So I am a little leary of porting with the Bazuki plates. Will the Nautilus intake adapter let me retain my svt intake and smog equipment?

Thanks

Eric

Yes. I think they had the LIM that went from oval port to split port allowing the use of svt intake manifold on the 3L, which I believe would require a tune since it removes the IMRC. And recently I think they came out with a plate that transitions split port into oval port allowing use of 3L intake manifold on 2.5 split port heads. Although their website doesn't list either, so I could be totally wrong.

Yes. I think they had the LIM that went from oval port to split port allowing the use of svt intake manifold on the 3L, which I believe would require a tune since it removes the IMRC. And recently I think they came out with a plate that transitions split port into oval port allowing use of 3L intake manifold on 2.5 split port heads. Although their website doesn't list either, so I could be totally wrong.

Without the IMRC he will have a check engine light and he will fail his smog test so no the intake adapter will not work for him.

http://www.nautilusperformance.com/catalog/i61.html

ive passes smog 3 times with SCT tuner chip. headers/intake/exhaust. just make sure to keep the main cat.

What state are you in? Cali? How did you get pass the cel for removing the front cats? I thought there is a front and rear O2 on these?

MIL eliminators will let you remove the front cats, with no change to the tune.

You can tune out the rear o2's, but for emissions it is kind of a pain though. That will cause 4 systems to be not ready (from what I recall), and you're only allowed 6 not ready's.

I live in Colorado and I put on headers and had a pain in the ass passing emissions because the pre-cats were gone leaving me with one cat instead of the required 3. I can't believe Cali would pass you with only one

I live in Colorado and I put on headers and had a pain in the ass passing emissions because the pre-cats were gone leaving me with one cat instead of the required 3. I can't believe Cali would pass you with only one

it because they dont know its only one
...says the kid from washington:crazy:lol

Back