• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

NASA Performance Touring and the CSVT

I'm planning on running mine in NASA, and I indirectly know a guy with a supercharger 3rd gen 3.2 TL with a roll cage and all kinds of real aero parts that runs in nasa too, as well as a friend of mine that runs a late 90's stang GT, and his dad who runs a full steeda 05 supercharged stang...

I think a 3.0 contour with a track suspension and some mild level of power adder would be very competitive out there...

PS: the mustang guys I know used to run in SCCA, but switched to NASA because the SCCA rules and inspections are grueling....

I spent a bit of time looking into it, but I am a long way from PT, still running HPDE 2 for now. I decided that if I go into a race class, I'll probably do up an BMW e36. Its nice to have others to borrow parts/tools from if needed and you know you'll be competitive (or at least the car will be) before you drop the coin.

I think when I was looking at it (a year or so ago) I thought I could slot into PT C or D with 3L swap.

I'm going through the rulebook for SCCA Production class cars and from what I gathered so far you can make a potent little Contour in one of the 3 Production classes; E,F, H. Having driven on Road America (with the Contour on all-seasons) and then watching these classes this weekend it could be a good contender.
http://cms.scca.com/documents/Club%20Forms/2010%20Tech%20Forms/prod-%20JAN.pdf

Not trying to hi-jack your thread, just throwing it out there for people.

Last edited:
Back