• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

n000b are focus wheels the same as a contour?

danimal

New CEG'er
are they? I need new tires before winter. Mine are getting low on tread and cracked pretty bad around the sidewall. BTW, if you have some cheap 14" tires with decent tread, or some other wheels with decent tires you want to get rid of cheap (like less than $100) around Northwest Indiana, let me know.

The offsets are a little different between the contour and a focus, but for most people, the are completely interchangeable. The only time you have to be careful is if you are using large wheels and wide tires, then you need to carefully check for clearances to the strut, and to the fender and fender liner.

if your considering focus stock wheels, they will work on a contour. but based on ur sig, since u don't have 1 straight fender on ur car anyways. why not just add to the allure and not change wheels for the winter? :confused:

:laugh:

there was some good deals on wheels and tires for winter in the classifieds. might still be there. just PM the seller.

if your considering focus stock wheels, they will work on a contour. but based on ur sig, since u don't have 1 straight fender on ur car anyways. why not just add to the allure and not change wheels for the winter? :confused:

:laugh:

I'm in Indiana so it snows hardcore a few times during the winter. I have stocker steel 14s, but my tires are getting low on tread and have some nasty cracks in the sidewalls (from parallel parking everyday). Also, the rim of one of my wheels is bent bad and I don't know how it holds the bead. I'm just looking for tires and/or wheels+tires. Sometimes stock takeoffs go for cheap. I've had the car for four years, and its been through hell, but I want to keep it going until at least 200k, and my tires aren't going to make it that far.

It would be cool if I could post a WTB ad on this forum. You can hear the leak from my bead.

Back