• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my zetec SE thread...

Devanmc

Veteran CEG'er
Well Hiding this from the jerks that hate my car sounded like a good idea. So here it is.

I got my zetec tour in april of 2007. probly look something like this when clean. Problem with this thread will be im missing alot of pictures, things i just didnt tkae pics of.
P8030009.jpg

P8020005.jpg

Then she got an intake
PB140031.jpg

HIDs and stazi grill
P1110009.jpg

SVT tach in my zetec. Works right too!
IMAGE_060.jpg

my strut bars :cool:
IMAG0106.jpg

Ignition coil and colder plugs
IMAG0108.jpg

A-pillar gauges(changing soon to phantoms)
PA090009.jpg

cell phone pics of my battery tie down
IMAG0120.jpg

Well Hiding this from the jerks that hate my car sounded like a good idea. So here it is.

lol, they will find you :help: I think it happens when they view all new posts instead of just clicking into the different forums from the main page.

either way I am sure you have put alot of work in .... can't see the photos at work so I can't comment otherwise at the moment.

lol ok brapple. Yes, ive put in alot of work and their are alot of things i dont have pictures of too. :troutslap:

Looks nice! :cool: Good mods, I'd say springs/struts next!

If I had the funds my zetec would be much nicer, but I don't have much so it all goes to the SVT!

Good job devan it's coming along nicely...maybe it won't be a really fast contour...but it will def be a good track car :)

I just dumped a lot of money finishing my suspension finally. Except one last thing.... i want tubular control arms....i have to wait for mine to wear out first.:crazy: (i replaced them 2 years ago):nonono:

Good job devan it's coming along nicely...maybe it won't be a really fast contour...but it will def be a good track car :)

I just dumped a lot of money finishing my suspension finally. Except one last thing.... i want tubular control arms....i have to wait for mine to wear out first.:crazy: (i replaced them 2 years ago):nonono:

Thanks

my current upgrade and repair list for spring time):
New autometer phantom gauges(vacuum, volt, oil press) - done
koni struts - purchased(awaiting delivery and install)
BAT springs - purchased/delivered (awaiting install)
new OEM suspension mounts and bushings
New sway bar endlinks - Purchased(awaiting install)
ES poly inserts and bushings - have a few of them, need more
New front LCA's
Replace front subframe/engine cradle(bent from previous accident) - (bagged)
Rims eventually
fully OPT. TB by Harry
Front and rear sway bar(19mm front and 19mm rear) - (bagged)
Install rear strut tower bar
SVT front brake brackets - Purchased awaiting install (svttour)
Rear Disc conversion(w/ebrake cable) - (bagged)
SVT radiator and coolant tank(for all my cooling needs) - (bagged)
SS braided lines
Front and rear alignment
Lots of new fluids
EBC redstuff pads front and Rear -Fronts purchased(awaiting install)
Brembo blank rotors Front and Rear - Fronts purchased(awaiting install)

if anyone has suggestions for the list. please post.

Last edited:
I forget is it a atx or mtx? if its an atx the front roll restrictor insert for the duratec fits the rear roll restrictor on the atx ... maybe the front also ... not sure on that one ...

striker- eventually, but not enough money right now

brapple- i bought the MTX mount to replace my bad original mount. :cool:

Looking good.

Don't waste your money on a SVT radiator. I ran mine with no issues with LOTS of strain on the motor. :laugh:

well its more for when im at the track. if i remember right, after our 15-20min sessions i was around 230-240. so not everyday but when im at the track, id like the extra cooling. Unless my thoughts are missing something? :shrug:

well its more for when im at the track. if i remember right, after our 15-20min sessions i was around 230-240. so not everyday but when im at the track, id like the extra cooling. Unless my thoughts are missing something? :shrug:
You aren't really overpowering your stock system now. Even with 70 more wheel horsepower on my car, the stock cooling system never had a hiccup.

I would spend the money elsewhere.

so those temps arent anything to be worried about? looks like i need to learn some then. What temp should i start get worried?

As long as your cooling system has been maintained, you have nothing to worry about. I flushed the system every 30k, but other than that, I had only replaced the water pump once (with the timing belt install) and the thermostat once.

just did mine summer before last, doing another in the spring. It has been maintained, but when i go to a track and really beat on it more then it was designed for is what im looking at. So, At what temperature does engine temp become dangerous and/or harmful?

i never upgraded my cooling system and even when i was beating on it on the dragon i never had a problem.

looks sweet, your engine bay looks so much nicer than mine and mines an svt haha

you should get a pre-98 svt body kit, they look badass, almost better than a post-98. Or at least fix that fender crumple :crazy:

Back