• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my wrx dyno

m!key

Hard-core CEG'er
picture.JPG

this is my stock 07 wrx sti dyno. i dynoed at the same place as hector and kebin. i wanted a baseline dyno to really see what mods are doing to the numbers. now onto the mods!

Hey Mike, are the offerings through the dealership something you might be interested in? I read they make some pretty good gains and don't mess with the warrenty. Too bad you didn't get a pic of the car on the dyno because your car looks great:drool:

thanks hector. the dyno today was a blast even in the cold. it was just like old times with the cceg. those were the days. we need to meet up more. i want to get to 300 hp at the wheels then i am done. ;)

I heard someone with a wrx dyno'd within the last few days as well. Seems with more HP :)

yeah i talked to barge today. his numbers werent to shabby.

subaru has issued a new map that deals with the stuttering issues some 07 owners are feeling around 3800-4000 rpm. i think i will go get mine flashed and then head back to the dyno to see what if any difference there is. it should be really interesting to see. after that, cobb accessport and stage 1. :)

From all the reports I've seen the newer STI's have a much better head design than the old ones and the ECU is apparently better as well. I also believe that they changed the turbocharger from the 04-05's. I don't think it's technically a VF39 anymore but don't quote me on that.

The 07's (not sure about the 06's) are doing very well on the dyno and on the strip with some stock turbo 06's and 07's dipping into the 11's at the track.

One tuner has even stated that at the flash level the 07STI has now exceeded the performance of the EVO. Take that how you'd like but it was from a tuner that does both. Although they still prefer the EVO's for those insanse 6-700+hp type applications.

So in closing... if you want an STI try to get an 07.

Such sadness :(

Surely you can return it and get a Tactrix like I got. $602 savings.

You still have my number, right?

I tried to talk him into doing an engine build similar to mine...he will not do it. He is stubborn.....and well to be honest not all that good looking when I am sober. Luckily.....that is rare.

Back