• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my old Mystique

yeah I am a spirited driver also, I push into corners and drive fast too but I don't push my car so far that I have lost control and wrecked....

Sometimes you gotta roll the car to find its limits :laugh: J/K
Glad you are ok man.

I know it was very stupid on my part, i was going 55 in a 45 when i lost control, i wasnt going overly fast, the turn was just a little too sharp.

This happened 3 weeks after i got my license so i wasnt a very experienced driver. when i seen the turn coming up i slammed on my brakes to slow down, not a very smart move.

There was another person in the car, he was sitting passenger. when we landed upside down the roof collapsed and hit the top of his head. It compressed a vertebrae in his neck. After surgery he made a full recovery, and he now loves me for the 70k he got from my insurance company, we are still friends.

To the ppl who are sayin im lucky to be alive and that they are glad im ok, i know and thank you.

To those who are talking :censored::censored::censored::censored:, i know i messed up so i dont need you telling me i did, its in the past, i just thought id share these pictures.

In regards to my other thread, how many of u can truthfully tell me that if someone pulled up next to you and started messing with u that u wouldnt show them up.

I can honestly say I would laugh at them and let them waste their gas trying to race, now if it was a friend of mine I would shoot out quick until I am at the speed limit then stop. sorry to bust your chops you just came off like a stupid punk street racer.

In regards to my other thread, how many of you can truthfully tell me that if someone pulled up next to you and started messing with you that you wouldnt show them up.

Im betting that surprisingly there are more mature, responsible people on this board than you think. If it hurts your pride that much turning down the hordes of people who want to race you at every stop light around town, ride a bike.

In regards to my other thread, how many of u can truthfully tell me that if someone pulled up next to you and started messing with u that u wouldnt show them up.

Even if I did, I wouldn't go bragging on the internet about it and post every detail, especially when most of the people here drive the same car. We already know what it will do.

...In regards to my other thread, how many of u can truthfully tell me that if someone pulled up next to you and started messing with u that u wouldnt show them up.

What you need is a vehicle powered by Ford's venerable 3.3L (200 CID) straight six. Derived from the Falcon's mill of the early Sixties, and engineered for the fuel economy requirements of the very early 1980s, it's reliable and fuel effiecient, though it will struggle to break 19 seconds in the quarter.

What you need is a vehicle powered by Ford's venerable 3.3L (200 CID) straight six. Derived from the Falcon's mill of the early Sixties, and engineered for the fuel economy requirements of the very early 1980s, it's reliable and fuel effiecient, though it will struggle to break 19 seconds in the quarter.

I really loled:laugh::laugh:

talk about lucky. i agree with everyone here about the street racing. i used to do it, and on occasion might give in, but if you take the time to think about it, its just stupid. I mean, are you gonna brag when u race a mustang 5.0, beat it by a car then crash into a pole cuz you cant slow down in time for the curve ahead? Take it to a track. its safer, almost as fun, and you dont have to take the chance of losing you lisence.

Yeah, I rolled my fully loaded '99 Mystique 28 days after I got it. I wasn't racing, either. Just driving stupid and had an obstacle I wasn't skilled enough to go around.

talk about lucky. i agree with everyone here about the street racing. i used to do it, and on occasion might give in, but if you take the time to think about it, its just stupid. I mean, are you gonna brag when u race a mustang 5.0, beat it by a car then crash into a pole cuz you cant slow down in time for the curve ahead? Take it to a track. its safer, almost as fun, and you dont have to take the chance of losing you lisence.

You are a grand dreamer my friend.

Back