• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My next tour...tranny probs??

it is aligned correctly..checked in N and D...havn't checked the linkage yet tho...of course still the possiblity that the f-d up wirring is part of or the sole prob:shrug:

well the tranny seemed to get better and better...until al forward gears gave out totally about 10 blocks from the house...yeah fun ride go'n over the RR tracks and then 10 blocks to the house in reverse! odd tho, is started working in D again, ran out of gas...put in $5 and it lasted another couple miles and then gave up:shrug: well after this frustrating day my best freind came by the next day and offered me a 85 Honda Prelude MTX for it...kinda hard to resist when i've been dying to get another stick shift and that i am in need of another car(for gas milage) cuz my sis is probly gonna borrow one till she gets her own...and even tho it's a ricer, it runs and drives and from what i have heard these cars have a good track record- my best freind has another of hisown that has 230K and runs like a top so this one shud last a while

so other than the fact that it is a ricer and that i traded a tour for it, what do you guys think of these cars? any advise or experiences with this model of honda?

PS...of all the cars i have owned this is my first Honda product.

Back