• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My "new" SVT

What is with all the "old timers" selling their cars? Wish my SVT was in that good of condition when I got it. :) Looks great! Have fun!

I vote new pedals/covers :) but nice clean SVT.

PS, I have unused/new MNB SVT mats :eek: It's the only way to roll.

Edit: I just saw the build number, now I'm officially jealous. One of the later 00's

I vote new pedals/covers :) but nice clean SVT.

one of my thoughts also. They are also not as bad I I thought they would be to drive with, although depending on how I step on the brake pedal I have caught the gas pedal. figured I may get some new autovation pedals for my SeVT and put the old ones in the SVT as they have some wear and since I will drive the SVT just about every day ... oh, I am also getting a white HVAC overlay, to use to it from my other car. THe silverstar turn signal bulbs and I am goign to rewire the side markers to work as running lights and turnsignals not just as turn signals. Lastly I need a short shifter. I don't plan on changing much else as everything else done is exactly what I would have done myself.

one of my thoughts also. They are also not as bad I I thought they would be to drive with, although depending on how I step on the brake pedal I have caught the gas pedal. figured I may get some new autovation pedals for my SeVT and put the old ones in the SVT as they have some wear and since I will drive the SVT just about every day ... oh, I am also getting a white HVAC overlay, to use to it from my other car. THe silverstar turn signal bulbs and I am goign to rewire the side markers to work as running lights and turnsignals not just as turn signals. Lastly I need a short shifter. I don't plan on changing much else as everything else done is exactly what I would have done myself.

Ah, they just seem like the auto parts store pedal covers you can buy and they don't look overly appealing. I have the Cougar "S" pedal setup and love it! They're sporty looking, a direct ford fit, and not too spendy :cool: I'll pm you with a potential short shifter cuz I saw your classified ad as well...

LOL wasnt that Allens Sig? Something like "Dont you want one of the last CSVTs ever made?" He was trying to sell it for a while... Well not trying but it was for sale and I wanted that sucker but phew was a bit to much for me but im broke 20 bucks to my name right now...

- Amyn

LOL wasnt that Allens Sig? Something like "Dont you want one of the last CSVTs ever made?" He was trying to sell it for a while... Well not trying but it was for sale and I wanted that sucker but phew was a bit to much for me but im broke 20 bucks to my name right now...

- Amyn

Yes, Allen had that guote in his signature since at least Spring Zing this year, there was also a sign on the car a Spring Zing saying it was for sale. I let it go for quite awhile but decided to go through with it finally

What is with all the "old timers" selling their cars? Wish my SVT was in that good of condition when I got it. :) Looks great! Have fun!

Hey man, many people are realising it's not very practical to hold onto these cars forever...not just these cars, but any car actually...Allens car could have been an exception to the rule since it has REALLY low miles..but i mean yeah, what's the point of having a car you don't drive?

Anyway, i don't think he was being aggressive about selling it, he just threw it out there occasionally and was waiting for the right buyer. Couldn't think of a better buyer than Brian though...

Hey man, many people are realising it's not very practical to hold onto these cars forever...not just these cars, but any car actually...Allens car could have been an exception to the rule since it has REALLY low miles..but i mean yeah, what's the point of having a car you don't drive?

Anyway, i don't think he was being aggressive about selling it, he just threw it out there occasionally and was waiting for the right buyer. Couldn't think of a better buyer than Brian though...

I am too poor to own anything better :help: Well, that and I hate to own anything that I take a hit on financially...but then again I am getting married....I hope she doesn't read this :crazy:

lol I think it has more to do with just wanting something different. I mean i had my car for 5 years...and i liked it alot but i dind't want to drive it for another 5. I think allen had that car since it was new...so that's what 7 years?? time to move on i guess...

lol I think it has more to do with just wanting something different. I mean i had my car for 5 years...and i liked it alot but i dind't want to drive it for another 5. I think allen had that car since it was new...so that's what 7 years?? time to move on i guess...

Never :) I've had mine for 4, just don't drive it and you won't get sick of it? :dizzy:

Last edited:

True. I don't think I have had a car past 3 years.

The car goes from the original owner who really cared about it and really shows in person, to its second owner who already has a pristine Tour and will no doubt keep it looking this way, great to see this....REALLY:cool:

Back