• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My Mystique

Here are pictures of the scoops on a contour hood. looks better on the Mystique hood. first done back in 2001 kept that way for about 7 years.
100_0359-1.jpg
Picture030.jpg

The creases on the mystique hood really work well with the scoops you put in. :cool:

Too cold to mess with hood right now. So I moved on to the next project. better brakes, changing drum to disc.
I gathered up all the parts, knuckles, new rotors, pads ,hoses, cables and some hardware. The most time consuming part was the parking brake cables.
100_1759.jpg

starting

100_1763.jpg

100_1765.jpg

almost finished
100_1766.jpg

done
100_1768.jpg

That is really turning out good. Amazing what a svt kit can do to a mystique :drool:.

went to change dome light bulb and the sunroof motor cover broke where it screws on the roof. I decided to make sure that cant happen again.

Cover looked like this

100_1796.jpg

I took some tape and made a pattern for the attachment point

100_1798.jpg

I transfered the tape to an old licence plate and cut it into a tab

100_1799.jpg

100_1795.jpg

I drilled a hole and secured the tab on the cover so it couldnt move

100_1800.jpg

now it wont happen again and you cant see the repair

100_1801.jpg

I think the Mystique front looks better, so I changed the front of my Contour. I still have all the pieces if I ever want to change it back.

100_1820.jpg

i like the mystique front end on there looks awsome. then the silver with the black looks good too. got any pics of the whole car with that front end on it

The fun never stops. I got a new Y-pipe set up from SVT Doood. ( new to me ). After a quick clean up and some paint I tossed it on. It revs a little easier and I should get a little better gas mileage.

100_1830.jpg

This is A.D.D.
"Often making careless mistakes when having to work on uninteresting or difficult projects
Often having difficulty keeping attention during work, or holding down a job for a significant amount of time
Often having difficulty concentrating on conversations
Having trouble finishing projects that have already been started
Often having difficulty organizing for the completion of tasks
Avoiding or delaying in starting projects that require a lot of thought
Often misplacing or having difficulty finding things at home or at work
Disorganized personal items (sometimes old and useless to the individual) causing excessive "clutter" (in the home, car, etc.)
Often distracted by activity or noise
Often having problems remembering appointments or obligations, or inconveniently changing plans on a regular basis"

OCD, there is a good chance. I focus on attention to detail and research. No point in doing things halfway, its one time and done. I am interested to see some of other peoples projects and how well they turned out.

some jack wagon broke part of the bumper off with his truck. just the bumper, nothing structure related.
so now i need a new SVT bumper.

100_1851.jpg

Back