• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My friends contour.

I've always liked the Z3 inserts on the front quarter panels, and that blue is a pretty rad colour. I'd kill for that hood.

I can't comment on the wing, or the wheel gap (vertical and horizontal) because my mom always told me if I didn't have anything nice to say...

If your friend is trying to define 'ricer', he's done a good job of it. :blackeye:
C'mon now...big huge dual park bench wing, Z3 fender inserts, and bodykit that doesn't flow with the bodylines of the car (or lack there of since there are no bodylines on the bumpers anymore).

I will give him credit though that the car hasn't been half assed. It does look like it was done right. The engine bay looks clean and I could go with that.

i think it looks decent, i'm jus not liking the wing. I like the rims he has just needs to be a little bit bigger. You should talk him into hightowers and forced induction to add some go to that show.

Swap the whole trunk for a Pre 98 with lip spoiler and I think it's pretty sharp. The color is a little bright for me, but the car looks well done.

-Andy

aaaawwww common guys no love :nonono: :shrug: it can't be that slow it's got a cold(hot) air intake, strut tower brace, body kit ,and a huge wing :rolleyes: But it is clean and not a Honda :)

edit; wait a minute atx or mtx that is the question

you know something guys.. sure we may not like it, but the owner does.
and it is done well, not cheaply. and it is a contour.
give him props on the effort and workmanship

I think it looks alright. Needs to be dropped as just about everyone has mentioned. I would also ditch the spoiler, but the trunk work looks good.

Ony other thing is... anyone else wondering what he does for reverse lights :confused: I'd be pissed if I was driving through a parking lot and all of a sudden this thing popped out with no warning.

Rag me if you want, but if the m3 style fender inserts are molded to the fenders and flush, I like! Plus the hood of coarse. Wheels would be good on a black car. The ford blue looks good. Lose the wing. Body kit isn't too bad, because we all know how much a complete SVT kit would run.

Cost:
Andys auto sport body kit > SVT kit

My .02

you know something guys.. sure we may not like it, but the owner does.
and it is done well, not cheaply. and it is a contour.
give him props on the effort and workmanship

You must be reading a different thread than I because multiple people have been giving props for the workmanship, and the criticisms have not been very harsh. If I don't like something, I'm going to say I don't like it, especially when someone asks for my opinion.

The criticism in this thread is the mildest I've ever seen. Pics/Vids has had some severely ugly moments in the past, and this isn't one of them.

the bodykit is one of the better ones i've seen for the tour. lose the wing and it'd be alright. atleast get something less obnoxious.

who does this guy think he is with all those stickers in the rear window, brapple? haha :D

Looks decent. The guy is going for a "look" obviously and I think he did a clean job of going for that "look".

The only thing I hate is that wing. Why does EVERYONE, regardless of the car they own, buy that spoiler?? At least go for the mondeo touring wing!

Back