• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My car came with this

That front bumper looks nasty. What's up with the trunk lid having those badges on it? Otherise, good find. Nice to see another Texas member.

As for the front bumper the heck if I know...seller said it was like that when he bought it..

As for the badges IDK, all I know is its gonna take me a month or two and probably the $650 I talked the guy down to fix all the little nuances.

Mine has some weird looking punch cards and misc other stuff that came with it from the dealer. But no window sticker.....

my car came with the window sticker too. i still have it. pretty much all i have left of her except for pictures.

your front bumper looks like it got in a fight with a lawnmower - and lost!

My guess is that the trunk lid was just rebadged by the previous owner for personal aesthetic reasons

Personally I'd just debadge the whole trunk

I think I quite possibly might have the most paperwork for an CSVT possible lol.

I have the original dealer ordering system printout for the vehicle, the build sheet, the finance paperwork, the dealer product guide, brochure, SVT certificate, window sticker ,millage statement at delivery, the SVT Marketing letter sent after purchase, along with the original envelope it came in plus the Bondurant stuff they also sent in it. Also have the owners manual in SVT case, not to mention the airbag warning and reverse lockout warning tags with the string still attached.

I believe I have pretty much all of that too, minus the ordering printout and brochure, but including original bill of sale in envelope, wiring manual and the CA license plate that was on it when I purchased.

Last edited:
100_0866.jpg

100_0871.jpg

100_0870.jpg

100_0869.jpg

I have my window sticker as well which is a big surprise considering I'm the 5th owner. Also, thought it was funny that even though the car has been owned in 3 (IIRC) states, I bought it in Mechanicsburg, PA, at a Toyota dealership, and it's original delivery destination was just down the road in Mechanicsburg PA at a Ford dealership. She met her first and last owners in the same town, but did plenty of traveling in between.

I still have the original window sticker and all owners manuals/booklets (including the little baggy that the remotes came in) to my '95 Mystique LS. The owners manual still has the new-car smell (and will stay that way)

the cool blue one right?

elradio, i had all that stuff too...and a couple sheets i pulled out from under the rear seat when i did the stereo. dunno what i did with it though. i think the sticker with the H on it was shoved in the owners manual case

Last edited:
I debadged the trunk....got about 98% of the sticky rubbery stuff off...are the gay little things on the sides stuck on the same way with just thick rubbery :censored::censored::censored::censored:??...meh I'll search it...my leg hurts.

the cool blue one right?

elradio, i had all that stuff too...and a couple sheets i pulled out from under the rear seat when i did the stereo. dunno what i did with it though. i think the sticker with the H on it was shoved in the owners manual case

I just find it weird that it has all that stuff and no window sticker. My 95 even had the window sticker when we bought it.

yes the 24v badges are held on that way. but there are holes underneath them for sidemarker lights. if you use a hairdryer the double sided tape comes right off w/your thumb.:shrug:

yes the 24v badges are held on that way. but there are holes underneath them for sidemarker lights. if you use a hairdryer the double sided tape comes right off w/your thumb.:shrug:

cool I just gotta make sure it won't have the clearcoat ridge like the how to says...to dark right now...but its perfect weather for me to go clean my working sunroof...w00t.

nice to have service records, i have no clue what, or when stuff has been replaced on my svt

nice to have service records, i have no clue what, or when stuff has been replaced on my svt

I added the new shift cable linkage purchase I made today to my folder O stuff....so begins the fixing...next receipt is prob headlights, and to fix the rear antenna...

its the litte things that bother me...oh and that front bumper nasty...and the missing jack cover... might have to buy that carbon fiber trunk and carbon fiber hood I seen on the intarweb...I can live with the loose steering wheel for a month or two....:laugh:

I think I have a problem....:crazy:

Good luck finding that trunk. You'll have to kill Ryan to get his... As far as I know, only nine exist. And they're all accounted for:shrug:

I added the new shift cable linkage purchase I made today to my folder O stuff....so begins the fixing...next receipt is prob headlights, and to fix the rear antenna...

its the litte things that bother me...oh and that front bumper nasty...and the missing jack cover... might have to buy that carbon fiber trunk and carbon fiber hood I seen on the intarweb...I can live with the loose steering wheel for a month or two....:laugh:

I think I have a problem....:crazy:

CF Hood is a good idea, but the CF trunk is kinda ugly. More like a nascar ugly thing:laugh:

Nice tour btw, keep us updated with new pics also. If you take off the badges on the side of the car, are you taking off the door moldings also??

CF Hood is a good idea, but the CF trunk is kinda ugly. More like a nascar ugly thing:laugh:

Nice tour btw, keep us updated with new pics also. If you take off the badges on the side of the car, are you taking off the door moldings also??

I plan on it...as long as I dont have the "clearcoat ridge" last thing I want to do is have to get MORE of the car repainted....

I kinda like the trunk I found it on ....crap...I seen it on the intarweb...if you wave enough money in front of someone and they have the mold they'll make whatever the heck I want em too :laugh: ...I need someone to make a CF mirko and CF sideskirts...Ktnx....:cool:

Back