• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My '95 Thus far

Jared

New CEG'er
myride.jpg

myride3.jpg

myride2.jpg

myride4.jpg

Note - I know the lettering is a little wavy, my first time doing it..

myride5.jpg

myride6.jpg

I plan on getting the intake polished, and putting some braided hose covers over top of the coolant hose running infront of the motor.
We are running a electric water pump from a Boss Hoss SBC/BBC motorcycle on it and we did away with some of the stock plumping and developed out own. And the engine bay needs some tlc, but other than that I like the car

Future add ons;
A set of wheels
Differnt interior
Duel exhaust
performance headers
performance high-flow cat
differnt lights

I'm taking it the end of this week to get it tuned down in Pittsburgh so itll finally be running up to par!

Anyone have any other suggestions?
I'm looking for a set of mudflaps that'll look good.

-Jared

Is that a 3.0?

I would get wheels first personally
not a big fan of the flaps either =/

other than that, looks good.

Holy ****! That is sooo ghetto! You ran your fuel lines all the way around the back of the manifold!!! You used coppper fittings and idk what kinda tubing for your coolant lines!!!! I will give you credit for all that jazz, but my god that engine bay is frightening!!

I'm not exactly sure on the HP/TQ at the moment.

Since I don't have it propperly tuned for the 3.0 motor it runs kinda choppy at the moment.

By the end of this week I'm going to get it programmed and a chip burnt for it, and itll be ran on the dyno so I'll know more then!

Thanks for all the comments, and yes the mudflaps will be swapped.. and first will be the chip/program, then i'll invest in a set of wheels!

After the 3.0 was prepped to be put in it wasn't all that harsh.. We pulled the 2.5, put a junk 3.0, pulled the 3.0 back out and put another 3.0 in. So we kinda got the knowladge on how to do it down packed

Don't listen to him. I'll assume that it is brass or something different then copper, but looking at the brazing (which looks perfect) I'll guess its brass.

I uses the exact same material in all of my longterm, durability engines at work. I have never once had a coolant line pop, break or one drop of orange touch my floor.

Congrats and the MOST successfull sleeper I have ever seen (overtaking 4-Door GSRs). I was expecting to look at another boring stock '95, but you blew me away.

And to actually add to the post, I would buy exhaust and headers to really open up that engine before you get it tuned, ofcourse I do not know your current setup).

-Tim :cool:

Holy ****! That is sooo ghetto! You ran your fuel lines all the way around the back of the manifold!!! You used coppper fittings and idk what kinda tubing for your coolant lines!!!! I will give you credit for all that jazz, but my god that engine bay is frightening!!

Like I said, the engine bay needs some work, and some modification.

The way we have it setup, its running fine.
We used what we had and our plumbing may not look the best, but it sure does work great.

After I get some time under the hood, everything will be nice and neat.
Thanks for the credit.

Lose everything that is colored WHITE on that car. Clean up the wires and fuel lines. And WTF is that COOLANT HOSE CRAP???!?!?!?!?!?!!

[GUNTER]Danger Will Robinson! Danger, Danger![/GUNTER]

Other than that, bichin Contour!!!

We await the "re-unveiling"

Back