• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My 06' Fall Dragon Run pics

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
Well the time has come again to slay all things Dragon and this years run was the biggest ever, ELEVEN Dragon slayers in all for our group. Coming from all around, Illinois, Michigan, Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida. It was our largest group ever for sure, but theres always room for more;) This time around the weather wasn't as nice and warm, but rather cold for the area. When we left on Sunday morning it was a balmy 28 with frost on everything, but during the day when we ran the Dragon it was ok needing nothing more than a long sleeve t-shirt (from Wheelers), sweater or hoodie. Ok, now onto the photos...

First up is the "big sword" to slay the Dragon! Overkill...yes, but you've gotta make sure its dead!
image.jpg

The car didn't do it alone, it needed some "encouragement", meet the driver and co-pilot.
image.jpg

Ofcoarse theres myself, which we don't need to see any pics of and none were taken anyways, so heres the 14 second, never late to a hair appointment, 2 time Dragon slayin', 55 hand applied waxed 05' Crossfire
image.jpg

image.jpg

The front wheels are just covered in brake dust, thank God for the shade in this pic to hide it
image.jpg

Oh yeah, how could I forget, my co-pilot:shrug: Everyone I'd like you to meet "Geoff Savat" aka as JD's bro or son of the owner of the highest HP,documented, running CSVT!
image.jpg

Geoff wowed everyone with his knowledge of Serbia and Albania, not to mention other nations of the world. Everyone who listened became 50 points higher on their IQ. I'd like to thank Geoff for making the trip down with me, its greatly appreciated

We stayed in Tellico Plains at the Caney Creek Village, home sweet home!
image.jpg

image.jpg

Seeing that we're now limited to only 10 pics, check out the next posting.

LOL Ge OFF!!! did he get drunk like he did when we went to chicago. LOL I was gonna kill him.

He should have taken the R1 down there

Other Slayers of the Dragon!

Other Slayers of the Dragon!

As usual, you never know what your going to see out on the Dragon, hence this next car. IMO its the "Star of the Weekend"!

SL65 AMG w/ SEVEN HUNDRED AND THIRTY EIGHT FOOT POUNDS OF TORQUE! I bet he didn't turn off the T/C on his ride but then again, he's got more torque than THREE Crossfires!
image.jpg

285 series rubber, still not enough IMO!
image.jpg

Sorry I couldn't get better pics but due to the time of the day the glare was pretty intense! The black rims with highly polished lip really set that M-B off.

Soooo, you want to take a couple buddies around the Dragon but don't want to bog down your run, run the Dragon in one of these!
image.jpg

Proof that you don't need a six digit car to have fun on the Dragon, check it out!
image.jpg

More proof
image.jpg

Whats that, you wanna be even more different, how about this?!
image.jpg

EVIL!
image.jpg

What, a post of mine w/o a Corvette, yeah right!
image.jpg

The above car is a 59' Corvette w/ manual steering, brakes and speaking of those brakes, 4 drums! It takes a MAN to drive that car on the Dragon especially when you consider his only "upgrade" is modern tires and 8" rallies. I wouldn't want to be in that car at night time either, sealed beam headlights out there, how in the hell do you even see!

This Saturn was one of the cleanest cars I've ever seen, not to mention well detailed. It had painted calipers, nice rims and tires, lowered a bit, two-tone interior and the paint, it looked wet as hell!
image.jpg

Alright, the next group of pics is going to be the CEG roll call!

Roll Call!

Roll Call!

All in all we had ELEVEN CEG-ers out there. I will post 10 of them because you don't need to see my car, duh!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nuff said
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ok, thats everyone that met up at the gas station and headed out with us on Saturday afternoon. Everyone expect the Focus stayed at Caney Creek. I'll post some more pics of a couple other CEG-ers that met us out there later in the afternoon.

looked like a hell of a lot of fun. Maybe sometime I will make it out there.

But wait, theres more!

But wait, theres more!

Eric came to the meet and brought along a friend, one with a S/C'd Focus w/ intercooler!
image.jpg

image.jpg

We drew a crowd, check out these rides as well, very nice!

Mazdaspeed parts equip'd 6, gotta love that color!
image.jpg

Red, red, red! and IMO the black headlights/tailights look best on this car.
image.jpg

Encore for the orange!
image.jpg

Some other random shots from out there...

"Little monster"
image.jpg

Gotta love the smallish BBS' on this Golf!
image.jpg

...or maybe you like the OEM 18's!
image.jpg

BIG IC means bigger tires!
image.jpg

www.tirerack.com for all your tire, wheel and brake needs!
image.jpg

All in all it was a great run but not w/o incident(s) Without calling this person out publicly, going over the double yellow lines not once but twice is unacceptable. Whats worse is the attitude of "well if I die I die"! Not only will that cause a death in the future but will ruin it for EVERYONE here in the CEG. Killboy is nice enough to give the CEG a place on its site so IMO, its everyone job to be responsible out there as we're representing the ENTIRE CEG forum. This isn't some "E-thuggin'" we're famous for, this is metal and concrete, a place where people can REALLY get hurt or killed!

Ok, enough of that "stuff", I'd like to thank Cops got my SVT for coming back to see if I got a ticket. For those of you who don't know he's a police officer in Florida and came back to attempt to flash his badge to get me out of a ticket. Luckily I didn't even get pulled over and wasn't really doing anything wrong other than being on the same road w/ someone who was driving on the wrong side of the road and passed me before I could pass a slower moving vehicle. To make a long story short, I dropped back and lost the group on their way to a restaraunt. It was actually a good move on my part because the guy who "passed" me broke down and another CEG-er had a problem with something in the front end. Hopefully the CSVT was ok and I'm sure we'll find out.

I'd also like to thank Trey (IcySVT) for calling me yesterday to make sure I got home ok and to apologize for not waiting for me. Trey it wasn't your resposibility so not harm no foul. Just next time lets all stay together, I mean we already had a good run on the Dragon and that part of 129 does have its share of cops on it. It was nice to put a name with a face and I can't wait till next year, a year will the SEMI CEG will be represented other than myself??? (I really want to see that happen!)

Looks like you had a good time Roger!!!! I missed this year's, but I WAS up there last year with the vdub guys! The little yellow car is a blast to ride in. If my car wasn't such a brat I'd be able to take her down there one of these times!!!!!

Last edited:
i have a few action shots and vid

I had a blast and am looking forward to next year. Roger, i know i crossed the double's a few times but, i was in the clear and could see far down the road. Now i know a few ppl pulled a "no looker" and crossed but when i did i made sure it was ok. Also, i'd like to say sorry for leavin ya behind but very glad nothing bad happen( ticket,etc..)

Running the Skyway and Dragon are two roads i'll never forget and both during day and night. I had one hell of a time and cant wait for the next trip. Hopefully some more ceg'ers will make it next year. ITS A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a few action shots and vid

I had a blast and am looking forward to next year. Roger, i know i crossed the double's a few times but, i was in the clear and could see far down the road. Now i know a few ppl pulled a "no looker" and crossed but when i did i made sure it was ok. Also, i'd like to say sorry for leavin ya behind but very glad nothing bad happen( ticket,etc..)

Running the Skyway and Dragon are two roads i'll never forget and both during day and night. I had one hell of a time and cant wait for the next trip. Hopefully some more ceg'ers will make it next year. ITS A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its the "no looker" move that Hector and I had the problem with. I've never seen Hector get so mad about something, so lets consider that:nonono:

Looks like you had a good time Roger!!!! I missed this year's, but I WAS up there last year with the vdub guys! The little yellow car is a blast to ride in. If my car wasn't such a brat I'd be able to take her down there one of these times!!!!!

Get a new suspension first... and brakes... Roger was telling me that once you go down it, your brakes will be blue and warped beyond belief if you havent upgraded them.

my brakes are fine and i ran the dragon and skyview very hard.

i wont say any names but yea a few ppl infront me the first time down the dragon pulled the

" no looker "

but after that i didnt notice any, but like i said. i know i did, but i looked and made sure it was safe and didnt stay over longer then 1 second at a time

Back