• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mustang Throttlebody Mod Done

Hey guys, havent been real talkative since Ive joined the site but heres what ive got.
98.5 Svt Contour
Tor. Red with Midnight Blue interior

Front and Rear Strut Tower Braces
Underdrive Pulley
Custom Intake
65mm Mustang Throttle body mod
Borla ( trubendz ) catback
Gutted cat
Koni Adj
Focus Euro Wheels
Fidanza Shifter that I shortened Further ( no reverse lockout now )
MK1 ebay knob
lotek pillar with 3 pods - was getting ready for turbo kit

Just ordered - 24 lb inj and mass air calibrated for it
pulled upper and lower and fully cleaned everything

so everything is great so far, just did the mustang throttlebody swap and am really enjoying it. Definitly noticable even up to about 5k rpms

Well if anyone needs to know how to get the mustang tbody to work hit me up at brian@bumpperformance.com - happy to give you the how to.

I've been working on a really detailed how-to for a long time.

Post up your how-to?

Well I wish I could offer pics but it goes like this...

1st disassemble the mustng throttle body and the CSVT throttle body

2ndly Clean everything well

3rd the parts you will be using are the csvt shaft, mustang tbody housing, mustang butterfly, csvt spring.

4th take the csvt shaft and halfshaft it so only the threaded side remains

5th notch out the opening slightly so that the mustang butterfly fits into it

6th reassemble using those parts and your almost done

7th bolt the throttle body back on but not the top right bolt

8th using a piece of 1/8th inch or larger aluminum cut a small stopping plate

9th drill a hole in it then attatch to throttle body using the top right bolt

10th look where your throttle body goes 100% open throttle and bend the stopper to that point.

11th unhook your battery and let it idle awhile to relearn some stuff and go have fun.

Good write up man.

Mine will def be finished in 1 or 2 months...Just very detailed and lots of questions answered with tons of pictures. I'm about 80% done!

I'll show and answer how to remove the screws from the tb plate...even if you strip them.
How to remove the tps screws...if stripped...then if that faills..you have 2nd option and 3rd option etc etc.

Then last 2 ways to finish the 65mmtb install without the svt tb being used.

Soon it will be done...sorry guys...being anal has its advantages and dis advantages .!

Yeah the tps sensors are always a ?????
Ive ported over 100 mustang tbodys and i hate them. usually drill the heads off and vise grip the studs to pull them.
I have a 70mm tbody i was gonna attempt to use but without my turbo kit being here yet it wouldnt make sense.

What was your reason for getting 24 lb injectors/MAF instead of a chip?

I would recommend getting a straight pipe to replace your gutted cat. Gutted main cats lose hp.

I guess a turbo kit is in your future? Typically, a 65mm TB is not a recommended mod for a NA 2.5L.

I went with the 65mm tbody because I am planning on turboing it. Also, I had a mustang throttle body sitting around and figured it couldnt hurt it.

Also my car had 103k so i got 24lb inj and a maf for 75.00 new, not going to pass that up.

I am planning on doing headers first then the tb mod should be ok.

Just relocated battery to the trunk as well. Opens up alot of room under the hood.

I went with the 65mm tbody because I am planning on turboing it. Also, I had a mustang throttle body sitting around and figured it couldnt hurt it.

Also my car had 103k so i got 24lb inj and a maf for 75.00 new, not going to pass that up.

I am planning on doing headers first then the tb mod should be ok.

Just relocated battery to the trunk as well. Opens up alot of room under the hood.

Okay, nothing wrong with planning ahead and adding the TB now. :)

You may want to switch back to the stock MAF if your planning on adding a turbo kit. It's going to be much easier to tune, unless your aftermarket MAF came with the transfer function? Either way, a MAF should not be used to tune a car and the stock MAF isn't a bottleneck, so I'm really not a fan of them since they really serve no benefit...but thats my opinion. ;) You may want to upgrade injectors depending on your power goals. I think the 24 lb injectors are good for about 270 whp boosted.

its a ford maf for 24 lb injectors, just swapped out the sensor kept the housing, dont worry man, im a newbie kinda, not anymore really, to contours but not to ford and there modular motors by any means.

so is this basically what NPG is working on then?

I feel I'm getting conflicting info here....

3.0L taurus throttle body = 60mm
2.5L csvt =60mm
Mustang gt throttle body =65mm

A stock mustang gt throttle body will not bolt directly to our cars. It has to be modified to fit!

This thread is about modifying the 65mm throttlebody to be able to be bolted to a 2.5L uim!

but in joeys 3.0 conversion plate thread, they said the adapter was for using an svt TB on the taurus uim, because the svt is 65 and the taurus is 60...

both things can't be true.

but In Joeys 3.0 Conversion Plate Thread, They Said The Adapter Was For Using An Svt Tb On The Taurus Uim, Because The Svt Is 65 And The Taurus Is 60...

Both Things Can't Be True.

You Read It Wrong!! In Joeys Thread They Stated An Svt Tb Which Is The Same Style Linkage As The 65mm With Bolt In With This Plate.

Because When You Install A 3l You Must Use A 3l Tb and install a taurus throttle cable along with a taurus throttle bracket!!! So His Plate Will Allow People To Use Either a Stock Svt Tb while still using YOUR stock svt cable!! Along With This New Plate.

Back