• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Must see for antique car lovers

99SE

CEG'er
dadstruckko7.jpg

Thats my dads 37' International. Sweet ride.
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4846/dadstruckko7.jpg

Different is good, VERY good!

Different is good, VERY good!

I bet that thing stands out in a crowd of old Ford pick-ups:cool:

mustanghw9.jpg

Its not the best picture because it was scanned and it a little dark but thats my 65 mustang. Please leave some comments about these vehicles so I can see if I need to do some more things to them. We all love showing our cars in the summer and we strive in having the nicest cars. Responses are great. Thanks

Because you said leave comments about the cars I have one for the Mustang, scrap those rims:cry: BTW, are those Prowler rims on the 37' Int?

Comments? Ditch the awful wheels on all of them. None of them match the flow of the car & are very outdated.

Comments? Ditch the awful wheels on all of them. None of them match the flow of the car & are very outdated.

I'd opt for some chrome reverse on the Ford, no center caps, some Magnum 500 styled ones for the Stang and something VERY custom for the truck because its so unique being an International:idea: I mean you might have to sell one of the others to pay for the tires/wheels on the truck, but it would be well worth it but of the 3, the Prowler-style rims are bearable IMO.

With antiques and classics, the only wheels they should have are original wheels. NOS FTW!!

Because you said leave comments about the cars I have one for the Mustang, scrap those rims:cry: BTW, are those Prowler rims on the 37' Int?

They are 17" rims on the satng but I want some torque thrust II rims for it and Yes those are Prowler rims.

My dad got one hell of a deal on them. $420 for the whole set. I think he has less than $1000 in rims,tires,center caps. Believe it or not he only has $11,000 in the whole truck. He built in from the frame up. Lots of time and labor he put into it. He always finds the good deals on stuff that he needs.

Torque-Thrusts would look GREAT on both the Fairlane as well as the Mustang. I'd give the Mustang a nice drop, and then fit it with some 16" Torque-Thrusts, don't worry, they make em', hell, tire rack has them for the new Stang all the way up to 20":cool:

some Magnum 500 styled ones for the Stang and something VERY custom for the truck because its so unique being an International.

The magnum 500 rims where for the later mustangs. The only way I would buy them is if I had a car that came original with them. My brother owns a 69' mach 1 and he bought some new 500's but they cost him. For the price of them you could have something really custom.

The prowler rims really set that truck off in person. People stare at it every where he takes it. We put some other wheels on the truck and they made the truck look horrible. I've been trying to get him to let me put them on my mustang.

The original wheels that were on the mustang were hubcaps. How could you put those back on.

Oh. Didn't think it had those originally. So it wasn't originally a GT then I take it. Oh, I see its a 302, so that means its a newer motor, since the V8's in those days were 260's or 289's. Well, in that case some original GT style wheels (torque thrust) would be suitable. Nice work btw! Is it an early 65 (64-1/2) or late 65?

I bet that thing stands out in a crowd of old Ford pick-ups:cool:

It stands out like you wouldn't believe. I can't beleive how many people gather around it when we go to cruise ins. He's had so many people try to buy it from him already. The interior and the motor is done in red,white,and blue. Pretty nice looking.

Oh. Didn't think it had those originally. So it wasn't originally a GT then I take it. Oh, I see its a 302, so that means its a newer motor, since the V8's in those days were 260's or 289's. Well, in that case some original GT style wheels (torque thrust) would be suitable. Nice work btw! Is it an early 65 (64-1/2) or late 65?

It's a 65. Originally it had a 200 inline 6 cyl w/ a 3speed on the floor. We did major work to this thing. It was 4 lug and we converted it all over to 5 lug and put the 302 and a c4 tranny and a 9" posi rear. It had majr rust too. The only original outside sheet metal is the roof of the car. New door skins, fenders, quarter panels, trunk, front and rear valance, hood. It was bad. Completely new floor. New fuel tank and front frame rails. Also all new interior.

Alot of work. 3 years worth.

Who cares if the Magnum 500 wheel only came on later Stangs, those wheel don't look out of place on that car. Hell, the early 2000's Mach 1's have a version of them and I believe someone makes them for the new Stang, anyone, can you find the pics, my break is over....NOW:rolleyes:

Back