• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MurkyRivers 3.0 Build

the following quote comes to mind: "poor planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part"

just finish going over everything else on the car. once you get the place it will be quick to finish it up.

:laugh: That makes perfect sense. I should have taken care of that a while ago, but was trying to take the easy way out. Pre prior planning prevents piss poor performance something the Marine Corps taught me, but obviously I never fully learned lol.

Its ok though, since it gives me time to relax in the house. I have gone over there car several times, and then started playing with the folding rear seats and making sure our snowboards fit for our upcoming trip.

So I got this little beast running last night.

I thought I had a huge problem since the car did not want to hold idle whatsoever and it sounded like it was misfiring terribly. I shut everything down, rechecked my connections, went over everything with a fine tooth comb and all was good. I started her up again and still a very rough idle that will not stay on unless I give it throttle.

So I sat back for a minute to thinkk of possible solutions to this little problem and decided that letting the car run with me feathering the throttle would allow the car to figure itself out. Sure enough, it did. The idle picked up to a high 1200-1500 rpm then settled down to around 700. I let her idle for a bit, checked fluid levels, then decided to take her for a spin.

Another minor problem arose, and this time it was me only being able to get into 2nd and 4th gear. I pulled back into the garage and checked the shift linkage and one had popped off. Popped it back on and drover her again. First gear felt great. I wasnt able to drive too far as I have not insured the car yet (I havent driven the car since I bought it due to it going straight through the swap process as soon as it hit my garage floor) and it was raining cats and dogs last night.

So, when I get home today I will have it insured and take her around town. Unfortunately I dont have a base line to determine the difference between the 2.5 and 3.0, but I can say that the 3.0 feels quite nice, and the exhaust note is pretty unique.

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

Thanks. I was in the middle of writing a DIY thread and my computer restarted for an update. I lost everything lol. It must have been at least two pages long..... oh well :(

Good job! I wish there were more pics from the build. The body is very clean for 600 bucks! That leather can be and should be scrubbed, it will look great again without the sweat stains/ dirt

please ignore the mess of this pic it was my in between of pre 98 console swap and rewiring and mounting of the aftermarket temp gauge.
but here is the updated cup holder tray. it sits over the existing with removal of the rubber grips. in doing so it levels out the holders so that the passenger doesnt need to wrap a towel around their leg for every left turn

ii have a couple im sure

ii have a couple im sure

let me check downstairs in the parts area i know i have two or three,
just like 25 and shipping would be good from 04090

A little update:

1100 miles on the 3L and I get a P0420 and a P0455. Got the scanner and erased them last night, drove over 100 miles and 3 starting cycles and they havent returned. Hopefully they never do.

Back