• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MTX-75 speedo wheel IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorman

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok guys; erfnick1 (NECO) needed to find the speedo wheel necessary for his torsen install. The guy at the dealership said there are no parts on the system. He said the van guy that delivers parts knows where to find everything. I am going back next week to pick up parts. Is anyone else interested in getting one of these ? I don't know how many will be available so first come first served. They are listed at £3.22 each. I propose buying as many as required ..sending them all to one of you guys and distributing them from there. Everyone will get at least 1, any available beyond that will be given to those who want more. If you're interested start a list and add your name... G. (posted on NECO too)

What speedo gear? I had a Torsen installed and I used no speedo gear?

And I have all the components for another Torsen install 3 feet away from me including the torsen and no extra gear....

Torsen and 2x Wheel Seals (F5RZ1S177-AA) and 2x bearings (F7RZ-4221-AC) for each side of the Torsen...

Unless your trying to add or do something else? You may be misinformed. Whats the part number that is not made anymore?

- amyn

The spedo gear is plastic, if you have any skill you can save it and reuse it. No need to get a replacement...

this is the plastic speedo wheel that goes behind the bearing. True you can get the old one off... this is for anyone who wants a spare because these parts are going to be impossible to get new soon... G.

What speedo gear? I had a Torsen installed and I used no speedo gear?

And I have all the components for another Torsen install 3 feet away from me including the torsen and no extra gear....

Torsen and 2x Wheel Seals (F5RZ1S177-AA) and 2x bearings (F7RZ-4221-AC) for each side of the Torsen...

Unless your trying to add or do something else? You may be misinformed. Whats the part number that is not made anymore?

- amyn

Unless your speedometer is dead, you did use one. They just swapped over your original speedo gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back