• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MSDSinc. Customer Appreciation Sale on Headers...it's ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
We always have headers (only) or Y-pipes (only) available to forum members at great savings. I can quote you on these prices via PM or Telecom (818-507-6937) only.
Thanks for your support of MSDS products...all current orders have been shipped !
Marty
tech/msdsinc.

Marty - What would it take to have MSDS offer these headers and y-pipe in stainless steel??

Marty - What would it take to have MSDS offer these headers and y-pipe in stainless steel??

Mike, we would need to set up with a high QC , annealed T04 stainless steel, build a decent volume of the products (we are not set up to build one set at a time), and pass all of these costs on to the customer. Since we would not be working with the cheap, low QC , thin gauge, brittle off-shore stainless steel...we really don't need to compete with the counterfeit copies.
Marty

When does the deal end cause I've been wanting a pair of msds headers for ever an I might be able to afford them now but I still need to save a little bit in order to get them and I absolutely don't want to miss this deal. I would be bent if I couldn't save the money quick enough to get them.

Mike, we would need to set up with a high QC , annealed T04 stainless steel, build a decent volume of the products (we are not set up to build one set at a time), and pass all of these costs on to the customer. Since we would not be working with the cheap, low QC , thin gauge, brittle off-shore stainless steel...we really don't need to compete with the counterfeit copies.
Marty

Marty, I understand what you are saying about the QC and the volume. However I'd like to make this point clear... this is not about competing with other companies... it's about trying to meet the requests of your customers. Many, many of us love your products, but eventually the coatings fail, the environment takes it's toll, and the headers start to rust. Hence the request for a T304 stainless steel version.

Now based off what you said... I'm sure where ever you are purchasing your standard steel from they would also be able to supply you with a T304 stainless steel with the same QC of your existing material. This material is very common and easily obtainable, many US based steel suppliers have a very good QC and stock this material, as I'm sure you already know. I also have to believe that the tooling that you have now should allow you to build the same headers you are making today, but with stainless steel. As far as your assembly process and volume... if you have deemed it profitable to supply the Contour/Mystique/Cougar market with your standard steel headers, then by switching them to stainless steel should still yield the same profit. I can almost guarantee if you were to stop producing all of your standard steel headers for the Contour/Mystique/Cougar and replaced them all with stainless steel versions and had a slight increase in price to accommodate the material/labor increase for stainless steel, your annual volume/sales on these headers would continue unchanged. If anything I would think your volume/sales would increase with the higher quality offering.

I would like to echo what Mike says... I'm on the fence with the current offerings out there. Obviously SS is great, but with the other brand, you have to add some O2 bungs. With the current fleet of MSDS headers, they are prone to the coatings failing. Living in Iowa, that means rust!
I would LOVE a set of MSDS SS headers. (That's a lot of esses!)
Erick --

I dont think that they are prone to the coatings failing. I live in Iowa and Wisconsin and have had MSDS headers on my car for about 3 years now. nothing has failed on mine. I do wash my car a lot in the winter months. Great product in my opinion.

I got my headers/y a few weeks ago.... puting them on shortly....great price! Came with no gaskets or bolts...but still not bad.

Just jumped on this sale, can't believe they still had some left, this deal is awesome. Thanks again guys very much appreciated. Really looking forward to this setup, though it'll probably wait until I get a 3L so I can build it on a stand. Although, when they show up I might be too tempted and put them on in the car haha.

The rest of you; let's jump on this and show our appreciation for this incredible deal!

Ok how is this a sale if NPG sells them for close to that price? There's are like $280 uncoated and another $55 to have them coated. Then you add $20 to ship so it is actually cheaper to go through them.

NPG's coating is a rattle can high temp paint job. That isn't to say that's bad because it's much better than nothing. You need to coat them with something but the coating MSDS sells is a ceramic coating that will keep the heat in the headers (less radiated heat = more power) and the coating will hold up much better. Either way pretty much any type of coating will start to rust through eventually. I've worked with all the different coatings. Stainless is the way to go but there isn't going to be enough interest for MSDS build those.

My high temp powder coating actually holds up quite well on headers. Just the first couple inches of manifold out of the block the coating gets too hot and flakes off, the rest is OK still. I should take pics.....

Just got off the Phone with Marty at MSDS. They'e out of stock on both 2 bolt and 3 bolt kits, he said they're making more, but that it'll be about 3 to 4 weeks before they're done.

MSDSinc. is celebrating 10 years of our V6 Duratec shorty headers production with a C.A.S.H. sale :
Customer Appreciation Sale Headers ! The original design , high quality made in U.S.A. front/ rear header with your choice of 2 or 3 bolt Y-pipe, 1,500 degree F high temp satin silver ceramic coating, any model year, any o2 sensor configuration ( no self-fabrication required), and free ground freight in the 48 states.
This sale is for all CEG and NECO customers , and not offered on our regular website.
Price: $379.00, and this is until our current inventory runs out...this sale may not come around again until 2021 !
Order @ 818-507-6937 or Fax 818-507-0277 email msdsinc@sbcglobal.net and mention the C.A.S.H. sale
Visa, MC, Discover, and prepaid checks are payment methods.
Marty

If they're out, it's done, sorry man!

If they're out, it's done, sorry man!

FAIL ... I've waited too long actually just found the thread... well here is hoping to have another run at it in 2021 lmao .. j/k but i hope they are not finished with this sale price and have another run in a few weeks ....

I talked with Marty and he said that they are building stock back up and will continue the sale. Marty stated to check back around the end of May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back