• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MSDS Installation tomorrow! :)

If you are looking for decals or anything like that, you can get them straight from MSDS. E-mail them, they would probably give you anything you need.

did you forget I live in north and south dakota???? My winters are just as bad as the ones you find in Wisconsin, only colder. My contour came from minnesota even. Call me when you drive around in 17 inches of snow with -45 temperatures before windchill. My cars see just as much sand, salt, and snow as yours... As do most other cars I work on.

I also work on cement mixer trucks, dump trucks, and over the road trucks. Wrench on a truck that has seen 2 million miles of highway, or trucks that see constant rough service, or a mixer truck that you clean using muratic acid, and then you can tell me about rust. BTW haste does not make waste. I just mentioned the time it takes me since I have had a lot of practice doing it now. One more tip. Dont use an adjustable wrench, get the right size wrench and things go much better.

I'm a journeymen Milwright I work on all sorts of manufacturing equipment. You think muriatic acid is fun? try working with caustic beads melted at 900 degrees to clean parts! That ???? hardens and adheres to anything. And it burns like a mother????er when you get it on your skin. I can go on for days about the fun things I've done over the years. haste does make waste, whats the point of rushing through something when you might overlook the obvious. I've seen it way too many times, people rush through a job and a few hours later sometime not even that long BOOM!

Oh and about the adjustable wrench what good does the right size do you when it still strips the hex off the nut? the right size still didn't work, I had a 3/4" drive socket on there with a 6' pipe hanging off the end of the ratchet, it wouldn't budge. Thats how tight my egr tube was to the stock manifold. Like I said before I've seen numerous people run into this problem. Sometimes all the heat in the world and 10' of breaker pipe still can't break ???? loose. Trust me I've been there and done that. When you start torquing bolts in excess of 3000 ft lbs on a daily basis you'll understand.

Looks like the flange is dented in one of the pics. Hope it doesn't leak. Also what y pipe did you use? Kind of crazy to reuse a stock y pipe. So restrictive.

Looks like the flange is dented in one of the pics. Hope it doesn't leak. Also what y pipe did you use? Kind of crazy to reuse a stock y pipe. So restrictive.
I heard the stock y opted is better than a msds one...or so I read on here.

i had msds headers on my cougar with the rest of the exhaust being stock. :shrug:

and how was it?
it had a nice mellow tone to it or well it was either it or the intake lol kinda hard to tell on these cars sometimes, but I think my dyno numbers at sz09 should show they do make a nice improvement in hp on these motors. I was happy with them to say the least.

Back