• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Most mileage you have gotten to a full tank.

About 400/tank or 29mpg on a roadtrip from Cleveland to WV. Fully loaded, and movin pretty good.

my goal before ridding of the zetec contour is pushing 500 to a tank w00t!

if I hold it at around 65 mph for a whole trip I should be able to achieve 36 MPG, no stops... 36mpg on 14 gallons of gas = 504 miles, plus whatever is in the filler line and the fact that the contour's gas tank is like 14.75 gallons, I should be able to go well over 500 miles.

*plays mission impossible theme*

my goal before ridding of the zetec contour is pushing 500 to a tank w00t!

if I hold it at around 65 mph for a whole trip I should be able to achieve 36 MPG, no stops... 36mpg on 14 gallons of gas = 504 miles, plus whatever is in the filler line and the fact that the contour's gas tank is like 14.75 gallons, I should be able to go well over 500 miles.

*plays mission impossible theme*
My dad did hit 500 miles on a tank once in the 97 before i got it. he works in Cinnci and we live in Louisville. 2+ hrs each way.

I got around 300 miles out a tank of gas once....My drive to work is about 40 miles one way freeway with two major inclines going to work....Average mpg is 25-26......Car has over 113k on it.....

Driving from ATL to MSP I got right around 420 miles out of a tank, all highway of course. That is around 28 mpg. Usually i get right around 300-320...and I have a CEL, so it does run a bit rich. I just can't seem to keep the O2 sensors from going out...anyone have some headers they wanna donate or sell for cheap?

260.5 miles
7.656 gallons
34 miles/gallon

owned.gif

Back