• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Monster Miata anyone?

I can't believe that the mustang and the corvette engine actually fit in that little thing.... That is freaking sweet though.... would be a pretty sweet sleeper.... lol

Not sure if you're talking about the MM or just plain jane Miatas, but I personally wasn't a fan either till my parents bought their '91. After driving it a few times I fell in love.

No, i've seen regular Miatas, just never a monster miata till then. A buddy of mine's mom has one minus the 5.0, they are alright lil cars. i'd never own one just for the fact that they're death traps!

No, i've seen regular Miatas, just never a monster miata till then. A buddy of mine's mom has one minus the 5.0, they are alright lil cars. i'd never own one just for the fact that they're death traps!

I don't know thats accurate. I've seen some horrible things done to Miatas. Two reasons, one, their more manueverable so accident avoidence is increased and two, injuries relate to occupant movement within the vehicle at the time of impact. SUVs have a lot more room for people to fly around in or fly out of.

I don't know thats accurate. I've seen some horrible things done to Miatas. Two reasons, one, their more manueverable so accident avoidence is increased and two, injuries relate to occupant movement within the vehicle at the time of impact. SUVs have a lot more room for people to fly around in or fly out of.

But they're also near invisible to other drivers. I've only had mine 4 months and now I treat it like a motorcycle in terms of proactively avoiding other drivers' mistakes. There have been at least two occasions the car would have been written off if I didn't swerve out of the way: once a minivan started a left turn head-on into me as I entered the intersection, another time a Grand Prix completely took my lane on the highway. I agree the manueverability was a major factor in saving me both times, but the small size and low stance of the car also greatly increase the likelihood of these scenarios. And of course, not a day goes by without someone trying to run it over in a parking lot.

heh .. the only time I was almost in a major accident was in my parents' Miata too. On a country bumpkin 45mph road, completely stopped with my left turn blinker on and almost got creamed by an old couple in a Buick. They swerved off the road as I quickly made my left turn (cutting off a car coming the opposite direction).

I don't agree that they are "death traps" though. I feel much safer in that tiny 16-year-old Miata than I did some of my high-school friends' cars.

http://www.m1stangsmc.com/index.htm
Some hate this, but I find it very appealing!
Perfect for a "monster Miata!

The April 2007 edition of "Mustang & Fords" magazine has a great article on this body conversion. Its all metal using custom formed mustang reproduction sheetmetal. http://www.mustangandfords.com/featuredvehicles/mufp_0704_1965_m1stang_convertible/index.html

scan0001.jpg

Back