• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mondeo refresh

Trek

CEG'er
You all know I'm mad and love cleaning so I thought I'd start a post about the mondeo as I'm in the process of refreshing a few things.

Having attended my first show of the year 2 weeks ago I decided that a refresh of the underside was needed and a few changes made while I was there.

First off all the arches and underside have been redone. The konis are holding up ok but I have plans to change them for some coilovers after the next show ( the company can't make them in time for my next show )

arch.jpg

arch1.jpg

arch2.jpg

Sadly all the hard work gets hidden by the arch liners, but the important part is i know its done.

arch3.jpg

I have also added some new alloy adjustable front ARB droplinks and some tubular rear control arms.

arch4.jpg

So far so good. I have a new powdercoated fuel tank heat shield to fit with a new filler pipe and then its to work on the new exhaust system.

The only downside of all this work is I now have a bad back and neck from crawling around under the car each night and silver tipped hair from touching the chassis as i moved !!!

Ive finally figured out why this car stays so clean all the time. Other than the fact that you clean it constantly, is that you can never drive it since you are, consequently always cleaning it!

Either way, it looks amazing :drool:

So what are you using to clean all that? You sir have some serious dedication to do all that. I wanna start cleaning up the underside of my car, but not as hardcore as that lol.

So what are you using to clean all that? You sir have some serious dedication to do all that. I wanna start cleaning up the underside of my car, but not as hardcore as that lol.

you inspired me to clean the underside of my car. i found rust and holes. i cry myself to sleep.

my engine bay is almost that clean, as well as my front wheel arches. that back arches and belly pan still need to see a scrub brush and some rattle can though.

sucks painting a bellypan without a friggin lift though...

Got the fuel tank headshield back today, hopefully the wishbones will be here on wednesday and the cermachomed y-pipe early next week.

I'll get some installed pics up once their on.

fueltank.jpg

Effe dedication, I wish I had his free time!

The problem is I don't have the free time. Its usually home from work, eat, kids to bed, then under the car for a few hours until its dark or the wife shouts out I'm ignoring her again. I get some more powdercoated bits tomorrow so hopefully it'll start going back together for the the weekend.

Things are still moving forward, dropped the rear subframe off this morning to paint underneath and install the new fuel filler neck and pipe. Then refitted everything including the fuel tank. Also fitted my adjustable rear droplinks. Got the wishbones to install tonight and then it just leaves the new y-pipe and exhaust system.

Tank-2.jpg

tank1-1.jpg

tank2-1.jpg

You guy's in the u.k. are real nutters when it comes to show and shine.Mine is a daily drive,damned.Looks good man!

Do you have a pair of white gloves in the first drawer of your toolbox? :)
Looks great, of course! I wish I had the time and ability!
Erick --

Still waiting for the y-pipe to come back coated and the cat to be fabricated. Fingers crossed for midweek delivery. Fitted the exhaust anyhow to make sure all is ok.

catback1.jpg

catback.jpg

catback2.jpg

looking very martin. look forward to seeing it a ford fair???

Back