• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mondeo 4x4 components.

At this point I must agree. I've been putting the cart before the horse thinking if I could find the parts and someone like Josh or Billy and throw a bunch of money at it... But now (finally) the Focus RS is coming. Not that I have 30-40k laying around

I can be a bit bull-headed sometimes on this stuff because I've has success in the past by throwing lots of money at the problem. And when I think of S4's and RS's, the cost of doing it (in a way) might be worth it on the assumption that the total cost of the conversion would be in the $15,000 range. But that's also assuming I could find someone interested in doing the work, which I have not. Then there's shipping costs, then there's potential reliability issues, then there's the fact there are not extra parts because it's all fabricated. Also - my car handles beautifully. Best handling front-driver I've ever driven, and I've driven a lot of them. Possibly screwing that up in order to get a better hole-shot and reducing torque-steer - as you say just not worth it. I imagine AWD will always be an interesting topic of discussion for the CDW-27 platform, but I think it will take a highly motivated and experienced fabricator before it happens.

Or just buy an Audi TTS with an APR stage 3+ setup that has the Quattro AWD setup already and away you go... weeeeee... 0-60 in ~3.8sec... done.

That said if the front wheel drive setup is finished off properly you shouldn't need AWD to go fast. Plenty of cars out there to prove that true. All your gaining with this conversion is the wow factor. Goumba had that going before he dropped of the face of the earth.

basically looks like if you go that pic beans posted and then cut the trunk pan out and dropped the frame down on it then and then and then oh and then lol

Back