• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mondeo 4x4 components.

Beans

Addicted CEG'er
I've been collecting these pictures as i came across them found bunch more from one overseas is being parting one out so i snagged all the pictures. Pretty interesting to see all the different parts needed.

Si9a3Q5.jpg

iwurssO.jpg

czkCv6g.jpg

Hle4YW9.jpg

lScMIFh.jpg

t3RH0gr.jpg

ZEEAZ8o.jpg

so we would just need the front subframe, plus the mtx-75 with the male splined output and the ptu. then the rear subframe, diff, axles, driveshaft, hubs and brakes. add shipping and vat from England and id say its a done deal...:rolleyes:

although a AWD cougar or contour stateside would just be out of this world:laugh:

Great pictures. Looks like with this setup you would also have to switch to rod shift. That's not a cable setup. Either way, it would be a blast to have that setup.

Without some wizardry it probably wouldn't be possible with the v6. These are all 4cyl. The trans is really weird the more i look at it, not even sure where the starter goes. Which is also different now that i looked at it agian.

NZmIEoG.jpg

z8yN0gN.jpg

Both of the cars i took from are mk1 wagons, but if you look at the first pictures with the rear subframe complete, the trailing arms are like a standard car you would see here.. But the knuckle and 1 piece style trailing arm posted later is completely different... Some sort of revision maybe.

The 3 piece driveshaft is really bizzare, the xtype uses a 2 piece u joint style.

At this point I'm starting to think I'm one crazy SOB but I do have a V9 Vortech and a 3.0 with Stage 2 heads - soon to be all forged internals - and I do want AWD.......and the trans is the only hangup with my idea at this point. Yeah, he said only lol. Somehow someway I'm going to figure out how to mod a Quaifed mtx75 with an output shaft......then Jag X Type the rear up......mod the torque split to 70/30 to keep said Jag diff from exploding......I like dreamin' 'cause dreamin' will make you mine

At this point I'm starting to think I'm one crazy SOB but I do have a V9 Vortech and a 3.0 with Stage 2 heads - soon to be all forged internals - and I do want AWD.......and the trans is the only hangup with my idea at this point. Yeah, he said only lol. Somehow someway I'm going to figure out how to mod a Quaifed mtx75 with an output shaft......then Jag X Type the rear up......mod the torque split to 70/30 to keep said Jag diff from exploding......I like dreamin' 'cause dreamin' will make you mine:shrug:

Diff isn't the issue Transfer case is. Xtype offers 0 bolt on rear suspension components with our car - would have to be all custom.

So, good luck with that.

Damn the more I dig the more obvious it is why nobody here in USA has done it. But, there is somebody in Britain that has. Just don't know how to find him. Terry said the rear subframes are similar - not direct bolt ons - so at least there's a starting point. Idk makes me want to give up.

No Title

Said they are close? Not sure what he is looking at, nothing close about that. Goumba was the closest to making this happen, custom rear subframe and suspension arms http://contour.org/ceg-vb/forum/gene.../42596-awd-1wd he fell off the earth. Someone has done it on a mk1 or mk2 mondeo with a v6? Doubtful. Some guy was doing it on a st220 which is the mk3 chassis

All this is very cool in theory, none of this is worth it. If you want a fast awd car buy a evo or sti it'd be cheaper, faster, more reliable than anything you can build on this chassis.

Attachments

• photo16278.jpg
    photo16278.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1
Back