• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mobile glass repair Western burbs

D.Acker

Owner/LUCA’s *****
Admin
Ok so I'm on my way to Elgin tonight on Randall, I'm not around any other cars when suddenly CRACK! Rock chip with tails in the middle of the windshield. WTF, are planes dropping pebbles now? I'm guessing this is going to spread and quickly. I would like to get this repaired before we leave an 800 mi round trip Friday morning.

Anyone have any suggestions for a mobile glass repair place that can come to the house and do this (not planning on driving the car again until Friday) and that won't cost an arm and a leg.

I'm not sure if they can repair this or not, it's a rock chip with to small cracks coming out of it, probably an inch across. I'm ok replacing with the entire glass if needed, of course would rather just pay for a repair.

I'm checking to see if we have glass coverage via insurance or not.

Made Tess call (I'm and work and couldn't fart with it) All Star, they want $89.95 repair, but you will still see it, boo, and $240 to replace.

Gerber can do replacement via mobile for $212 (includes, parts, install, tax), but buy doing the online quote I believe I can save $20, Tess was checking on that since we aren't scheduling online, so it may only be $192.

If we went with repair through Gerber I think it would be like $99.95 - 20 = $79.95.. I'm waiting to hear back from Tess as to what is happening for sure.

I thought that was a pretty standard coverage with auto insurance? I don't think I even have to pay a deductable for it.

Call your agent.

I thought so to, but with my last insurance they would cover rock chip repair, but not full replacement (I believe). I'm not overly concerned about it. We have Esurance (the only ones that didn't bend us over with no lube on premium), so we don't have an "agent" to call so to speak, which is fine. I just want them to cover major damage anyway.

Besides, I've kind of been looking for an excuse to replace the windshield to eliminate the pitting:laugh:

Back