• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mm&ff

Do they really publish articles about an event that far out. A car is timeless where an event isn't.

I tend to agree that they should try and squeeze the events in, so they don't have to say "two years ago, ......... event took place."

But yeah, they definitely take a while to get stuff into their magazine. There was a guy on SVTPerformance.com that said he was overseas, and when he got his last issue of MM&FF, his OLD car that he sent in pictures and info on TWO years ago, finally got published! He hadn't owned the car in over a year. Nonetheless, he was happy to see some recognition.

Mark

Do they really publish articles about an event that far out. A car is timeless where an event isn't.

It seems like this is their pace...

Remember when my car appeared earlier this year in MM&FF at the SVTOA on-track event at Autobahn? Well, the on-track event was in May of '05 (same weekend as SZ05) and the article about the on-track event was in the March '06 issue.

yes... it takes a while even for events

My father was a publisher. That kind of lag for an event is not excusable. Damn poor publishing & management. Ridiculous. I'd give a rag with 10 month old event coverage ZERO credibility, and as an advertiser I'd pull my advertising from a magazine like that.

My father was a publisher. That kind of lag for an event is not excusable. Damn poor publishing & management. Ridiculous. I'd give a rag with 10 month old event coverage ZERO credibility, and as an advertiser I'd pull my advertising from a magazine like that.

How big was your Father's magazine? In MM&FF's defense, they get a TON of mail/email from people trying to get into their magazine. I don't think it's a matter of being lazy, or just not wanting to give us coverage, but more a matter of being fair in putting people into the magazine in the order that they receive article-worthy stories and pictures. Not to mention, they're no doubt going to do articles on events that THEY specifically cover, like the World Ford Challenge. Spring Zing will get in there, I'm not worried.

Mark

has anyone tried mustangs & fords? thy seem to run a lot of different types of cars and ford trucks, old and new.
might have a better shot with a smaller mag that caters to all ford vehicals.

Alright still no word from Evan. I think its time to write Jim Campisano.

Hate to be a pessimist but it seems Jim/Evan dropped the ball on this one? :shrug: Really hope it still sees print. Maybe at this point if the new guy seems uninterested, send them stuff from this year too so it's still up to date so to speak. :ponder:

Hate to be a pessimist but it seems Jim/Evan dropped the ball on this one? :shrug: Really hope it still sees print. Maybe at this point if the new guy seems uninterested, send them stuff from this year too so it's still up to date so to speak. :ponder:

Yeah, im not really sure whats going on. I'll send one more email to Evan and see if I can get a response back. :nonono:

Yeah, im not really sure whats going on. I'll send one more email to Evan and see if I can get a response back. :nonono:

Do you still have his phone#? People are a lot more willing to answer to someone that's willing to call. I don't care how professional you think someone is, people are 10x more willing to get **** done when they hear your voice. Email is too easy to hide behind. Trust me, 90% of my job is calling/emailing people to get stuff done, and phone is by FAR the more effective route.

Mark

So true. It's like people have forgotten what a phone is. I call someone and receive an email back. Doesn't even answer all of my questions.

Do you still have his phone#? People are a lot more willing to answer to someone that's willing to call. I don't care how professional you think someone is, people are 10x more willing to get **** done when they hear your voice. Email is too easy to hide behind. Trust me, 90% of my job is calling/emailing people to get stuff done, and phone is by FAR the more effective route.

Mark

Mark, unfortunately, Ive never had Jim's or Evan's phone number. If I did, I would have called them right off the bat. All I have is their email and mailing address. :blackeye:

I've been getting the magazine for a while now like I've said in previous posts, but there are phone numbers in there. Would you like me to try to call and contact them or post the numbers up so you can Jim?

Well, it seems as though I was incorrect :shrug: They're not set up like the other Mustang magazine and Railroad magazines I get. They don't have the phone number of the editor on there, or on their website! I'm sorry I couldn't help, I thought they had the front of their magazine set up the same way as the others I receive. :rolleyes: I really hope they get that article in there sometime before SZ 07.

EDIT: Have you tried contacting any of the associate editors?? Maybe you might get somewhere with them?

Last edited:
Are there ANY phone numbers in the magazine for MM&FF? Calling that number, I'm sure if the name Evan Smith was mentioned, they can point you in the right direction.

Mark

From what I can see the only numbers in the magazine are the same numbers on the website, and those are for the advertising managers or whatever. I will post the numbers if someone wants to call them, or maybe I could call them if you want:shrug:

EDIT: Here's the numbers for the advertising sales people

Advertising Sales

Joe Galloway
Associate Publisher
(813) 675-3493
joe.galloway@primedia.com
Wendy Turner
Account Executive
(813) 675-3475
barbara.donker@primedia.com
Barbara Donker
Account Executive