• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mirko measurement from the ground to the splitter

Thanks for everyones response. As always you all come through with great info and more. I think it will be pretty easy to keep my mirko in good shape. Of course "good" can have different meanings to different people. The speed bumps do come up pretty high but I think I will be able to pass them with some patience and the patience of the people behind me.

The speed bumps do come up pretty high but I think I will be able to pass them with some patience and the patience of the people behind me.

Thats the thing, most people do not have the patience. I have received more horns and fingers than I can count since I put the mirko on.

Im worried about the intersections with the dips.:blackeye:

and highway bridges, railroad tracks, small animals, any entrance with an incline, what if it needs towed (I got charged an additional labor fee by the towing company)

Its all worth it though if you ask me! I scrape pulling into my neighborhood, going to the gas station, pulling into my bank, if I back out of my driveway, going over rail road tracks, and the list goes on. That mirko skid plate is well worth the money thats for sure.

I used to fill in the chips on the mirko with touch up paint every time I cleaned the car, since adding the skid plate I havent had to break out the paint yet.......knock on wood

so the mirko does in fact sit lower than the front bumper? if i drop my car to the ground, i'm worried that it'll crush a mirko. but if its the same height as the rear corners of the bumper, i should be good

so the mirko does in fact sit lower than the front bumper? if i drop my car to the ground, i'm worried that it'll crush a mirko. but if its the same height as the rear corners of the bumper, i should be good

It is def lower than the front bumper. You WILL become a "Mirko driver" though. Someone had told me that once and I didn't believe them... then my whole style of driving changed. I would say that it changed for the better though. You avoid ALL potholes by any means. You take all entrances/exits at a 45 degree angle. You learn very fast.

It is def lower than the front bumper. You WILL become a "Mirko driver" though. Someone had told me that once and I didn't believe them... then my whole style of driving changed. I would say that it changed for the better though. You avoid ALL potholes by any means. You take all entrances/exits at a 45 degree angle. You learn very fast.
Word!

My hometown is alright.. the only problem I have is getting into my driveway.. just have to take it slow.

My friends hate me when im down in school in Cinci though.. "I can't park in this parking garage.. that entrance will kill my lip!" *drives a mile down to the road to the next open spot* :laugh:

Back