• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mirko Front splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am tentatively in. I've been wanting to get one but the cost of paint on top of the splitter has been holding me back.
Depending on numbers perhaps we could get the painting done as part of the group buy?

I am tentatively in. I've been wanting to get one but the cost of paint on top of the splitter has been holding me back.
Depending on numbers perhaps we could get the painting done as part of the group buy?

i doubt paint will be part of the group buy ... also many have just painted their mirko with a rattle can ... it will take a beating so it may not be worth is to get a really nice paint job done on it, hell I have scrapped the bottom of mine up already .... but again its on the bottom and can't be seen ...

i doubt paint will be part of the group buy ... also many have just painted their mirko with a rattle can ... it will take a beating so it may not be worth is to get a really nice paint job done on it, hell I have scrapped the bottom of mine up already .... but again its on the bottom and can't be seen ...
True true.

I just got of the phone with Mr. Mirko. He is aware that the price on the website is 225.00 + 70.00 for shipping. He told me that pricing was from two years ago... I told him that I have about 5 people interested already. He told me to get ten people down for purchase and he will email me back with the pricing in the mean time. He also mentioned that he has none available right now! They would all have to be made still. He asked me how many svt's are on the road because he sold about 1500 splitters! SO, im thinking that if you want to get a mirko splitter now will be the time to get one. As far as painting the splitter. I am planning on getting the silverfrost paint from my work and coating it a few good times, clear coating it, and install.

I would highly recommend getting a pro to paint it vs. rattle canning it. Ive done both, and the rattle can chips crazy fast. It looked fine until it started getting chipped, however. A 2500+ mile round trip to SZ 05 pretty much ruined it though. The bottom will always get scraped, but you cant see it. Plus most paint shops will spray it for under 100 bucks.

I would highly recommend getting a pro to paint it vs. rattle canning it. Ive done both, and the rattle can chips crazy fast. It looked fine until it started getting chipped, however. A 2500+ mile round trip to SZ 05 pretty much ruined it though. The bottom will always get scraped, but you cant see it. Plus most paint shops will spray it for under 100 bucks.

Yea when I had my front bumper repainted they only charged me an extra $35 to do my splitter :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back