• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mind Games

Location sometimes plays a part for me. Say I'm accelerating in a narrow area...feels I'm moving pretty fast. Now try and do the same..say after a tollbooth area with a really wide opening. It sucks. It's all perception.

Sometimes I try and talk to my gf's dad about my car and stuff and that doesn't go well. He's into older cars and drives a stingray vette. I showed him my dyno and he told me "now all you have to do is triple those numbers." I had to drive him around over the weekend. Obviously my car felt the slowest it's ever felt before to me.

Last edited:
Sometimes I try and talk to my gf's dad about my car and stuff and that doesn't go well. He's into older cars and drives a stingray vette. I showed him my dyno and he told me "now all you have to do is triple those numbers." I had to drive him around over the weekend. Obviously my car felt the slowest it's ever felt before to me.

what a hard ass!
Make sure to remind him how often you tag his daughter when he gets like that. ;) :D

Location sometimes plays a part for me. Say I'm accelerating in a narrow area...feels I'm moving pretty fast. Now try and do the same..say after a tollbooth area with a really wide opening. It sucks. It's all perception.

and that is when you tell him his car is ugly, can't take a corner if his life depended on it, and that his daughter loves it in the butt.

And that you PIIHB. :D

W.I.P. :laugh:

Yeah, he's a pretty solid ball buster but I take it in stride. Completely different generation so I can understand. I do want to drive his 'vette though :crazy:. I think it's pretty seksy. He's got a 60 something GTO convertible sitting in the garage too without an engine. I'd love to have that thing and put it on 'dro's!

I don't think cornering arguments help in the age old contour vs corvette battle.

Anyway I was just saying...I get the "man, my car felt much faster when I was alone" feeling too.

Back