• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mileliminator(s) installation

Ok, I wired in the resistor in the grey wire. Now, I bridge the capacitor from the black wire to the grey? :help:

Ok, I wired in the resistor in the grey wire. Now, I bridge the capacitor from the black wire to the grey? :help:

Yes. Make certain the connection of the capacitor's lead to the gray wire is on the connector side of the inserted resistor, not on the sensor side.

Waterproof everything.

Steve

Yes. Make certain the connection of the capacitor's lead to the gray wire is on the connector side of the inserted resistor, not on the sensor side.

Waterproof everything.

Steve

Spend a couple of dollars to buy proper heat-shrink tube. You can cut a length to fit the resistor and wire in a single splice. It'll be much cleaner and more weather-proof this way.

Here are a few pics on the radioshack MILs. Just added for clarification.
IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

polarity

polarity

I'm pretty sure the polarity of the capacitor should be Positive on the upper connection in the above diagram, not the lower. If you put the positive end on the lower half that may be why you are having trouble with your MIL's

I'm pretty sure the polarity of the capacitor should be Positive on the upper connection in the above diagram, not the lower. If you put the positive end on the lower half that may be why you are having trouble with your MIL's

Are you referring to my pics? my MIL Elims. are built exactly like the diagram suggests. Or are you referring KyleQ to the diagram on pg 2?

I'm referring to the diagram on Page 2. I can't see the polarity on your pics of the actual board so I can't comment on yours.

Does anyone not make "plug n play" MILS for these cars? Tons of companies sell these MILS for Mustangs. Mine have been in for over a year now, and haven't seen a CEL.

"These cars"? They should all use the same sensors and plugs so any plug in model should work with other cars.

So... I need a little more info. I'm currently rocking an 01 cougar that has a rear o2 sensor. I just got a cat and cat back exhaust from Trubendz.com WITH OUT a rear o2 bung. Can I just build a MIL and not use the o2 sensor?

your gonna have to add the bung for the O2 sensor, an exhaust shop can do that well enough. You should have been able to specify with your order from truebends that you had the rear O2 sensor, but now you pretty much gotta go to an exhaust shop. They generally do it for cheap, especially if the exhaust is already off of the car.

I installed MSDS headers on my car and now the CEL light is on,does anyone have a diagram of what the O2 sensors with MIL eliminators looks like?

Resurrecting an old thread...

Just wanted to make sure I've got this right. I added a little bit to the drawing for more clarification.

Thanks,

Chris

MIL Eliminator..jpg

I'm getting ready to make these.

Can anyone clear up this polarity controversy?

Thanks in advance.

Back