• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mike's tranny fix thread

ROCK!!!!!

My car works!!!!!

There is no way I could have done that myself.

These guys were phenomenal wrench turners!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Turns out the shift tower bolt had broken sometime before I got it. It was fixed but the broken end wasn't taken out. Top that with a tranny that had no fluid in it. Third gear synchro jammed partially in third. Synchro, and fork were ate up. Also had a burned up bearing or two.
(anyone want junk tranny parts? :shrug:)

I bet someone will want a free Diff, it still actually looked really good.

haha... it isn't worth his time to even give away that diff! For the work involved to put it in, I wouldn't touch a high mileage stock diff that was run dry with no trans fluid for a decent amount of time! Just tell whomever is dumb enough to buy it not to worry about the discoloring of the diff! :laugh: That trans was really shot though. Only thing left that is of any value would be the VSS, which I might pull if I were you. I had one go out on my old SVT and had to replace it.

I was a fun day and the swap was really too easy. We didn't hit any real snags in the project at all. We learned that Mike can cook some mean ribs and brats. That was amazing. Thanks to those who lent a helping hand, even thanks to those who ran to the parts store! I am glad your happy Mike.

Reebs

Back