• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Might be moving to Lubbock

Dallas can't hang!

Come on down to Houston!

90-92 by 7am, and 80-100% humidity at times! It can easily crest 104 during the summer months, with 70-100% humidty, but don't worry: It drops down to 87 or 89 at about 2 or 3am!!

If you take a look at the statistics, Dallas actually has higher averages than Houston.

So do Pheonix, Dubai, the UAE, Kuwait, Istanbul, Egypt and the like.

Do you know what they all have in common?
I'd rather live in those temps than in Houston's temps. Humidity is a killer.

There's a reason why there is an excuse of "But its a dry heat".... that's because its true. You never hear "oh, but its not that bad; Its a soggy, wet, humid, drenching, draining, makes-you-want-to-sleep-in-the-freezer heat..."

Average Relative Humidity(%)
Morning (M), Afternoon (A)

DATA THROUGH 2001
YEARS JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC ANN

HOUSTON, TX

32 32 85 68 86 65 87 64 89 63 91 65 92 64 92 62 92 62 92 64 91 61 89 64 87 66 90 64

DALLAS-FORT WORTH, TX

38 38 80 63 79 61 79 59 81 59 86 63 85 58 79 52 79 52 83 58 82 58 81 60 80 62 81 59

Source: "Comparative Climatic Data", National Climatic Data Center, NOAA, 2001.

If you look at those numbers there really isn't that much of a difference. Dallas is a pretty humid place also. A far cry from the other cities you mentioned. Now if you were comparing Houston's humidity to Amarillo's then you would have an argument.

I'm not sure where they got those numbers but personally I've never felt anything up here that compared to Houston or southern Louisiana in terms of soggy/choke you while breathing heat and humidity.

I don't really care where you got those numbers, every one that is higher in Houston is higher by 4%, some as much as 7 or 9%..

This isn't really "not much of a difference" material.. I certainly wouldn't move somewhere with 5% higher humidity on any given day of any month than I am already dealing with here.

Even if I didn't say "vs. Lubbock", I still have an argument, just not one that is blatantly obvious to you. I didn't say Dallas wasn't humid, or that it wasn't hot... I said it wasn't as humid... which it isn't.. by 1% or 100%, its still less humid.. I think my argument is fairly accurate..

OK, this argument is going nowhere really fast. I think it is one of those things that really gets lost in translation over an internet board. Oh well.

So ancient, how did your car project pan out?

Well, aside from the hijacking of the thread :)D), it worked out well. Ended up being a swaybar link nut that came lose and was giving me trouble. So she is back to normal now. I still fail to understand how the entire city has such unsurfaced roads. It really makes no sense whatsoever as the highways around Lubbock are smooth as butta.

My non-scientific approach to this debate: The state of Texas is hot as hell!

Just wished I was in MI at this time of the year, just can't get any better than mid-70s.

My non-scientific approach to this debate: The state of Texas is hot as hell!

Just wished I was in MI at this time of the year, just can't get any better than mid-70s.
I hear ya'! I certainly DON'T miss Wyoming's insane winters, but by god I miss those summertime highs of 80-85 with only about 10%-15% humiditiy!

I hear ya'! I certainly DON'T miss Wyoming's insane winters, but by god I miss those summertime highs of 80-85 with only about 10%-15% humiditiy!

You can say that again. I spent a month in Montana a few summers back and people were griping about the summer heat while I laughed and laughed.

Yep, he's really up there.

for a week at a time every two weeks.. (one week there, two weeks in Louisiana)

I never knew anything actually went on up there. My art gallery is partnered with theirs and its the only reason I have to go up there when I do.

Are you referring to the Post Office Museum? You actually have a reason to come to Graham that isn't oilfield related? Wow. Who knew? Keep me posted on your next trip here. I'm in DFW regularly. Sister lives there, and as Ray said I drive through twice every three weeks for work.

You really need to go to GCT. Cuda is swinging through Graham on his way, and we're going to try and get my red SVT road-worthy for the trip. It'd be nice to have a third car in the convoy. Possibly fourth if sanskrit makes it.

Four cars all coming from Texas....??? Are we really that optimistic? I am trying to reach that level of optimism myself, but, well,.....here's to hoping..............

Four cars all coming from Texas....??? Are we really that optimistic? I am trying to reach that level of optimism myself, but, well,.....here's to hoping..............
Hope springs eternal in the SC....but usually gets crapped all over. :nonono: I'll have two cars there either way. Might be the SE and one SVT, or the SE and the
GL Sport. I'm trying to figure out a way to get all three cars there. :crazy: Anyone feel like driving the Zetec down there for me?

Hope springs eternal in the SC....but usually gets crapped all over. :nonono: I'll have two cars there either way. Might be the SE and one SVT, or the SE and the
GL Sport. I'm trying to figure out a way to get all three cars there. :crazy: Anyone feel like driving the Zetec down there for me?

I will be be bringing a passenger along, maybe he would be interested in picking up that bit of the trip in one of your cars...

Are you referring to the Post Office Museum? You actually have a reason to come to Graham that isn't oilfield related? Wow. Who knew? Keep me posted on your next trip here. I'm in DFW regularly. Sister lives there, and as Ray said I drive through twice every three weeks for work.

Haha. I didnt even know it was an oil town until my first trip to the museum where they had a small window display about it. And by that point I was still smiling and not paying attention thinking about the nice straight roads on the way there and back.

Back