• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Midwest Storm

99RedCSVT

Veteran CEG'er
The night of May 1st, Early morning of the 2nd, we were hit with some nasty stuff. Talking hail, winds 70+, and tornado warnings. No sirens went off. :nonono: How safe is that?

Curious to see if anyone in the Kansas/Missouri/Oklahoma area got hammered? Details on damage?

We lost some shingles and had no power for around 2 and 1/2 hours. Other than that, seems to be okay. Haven't checked the rest of the town.

I surprised our sirens worked last night. While testing the sirens 2 Mondays ago, none of them went off, and on Monday of this week only half of them sounded.

I woke up around 1AM to some major wind, and as I layed in bed waiting for it to quit so I could go back to sleep, the tornado sirens started sounding. About the time I got to the basement and started listening to the meteorologists, the sirens quit and the meteorologists told me that my county is no longer in a tornado warning. :blackeye: :( I'm going to be soo cranky today. :mad:

we've had some bad weather. really bad rain a few times in the last couple weeks. nothing damaging though.. although we have had 3 earthquakes in the last 2 and a half weeks :confused:. i dont know whats going on.

they went off at our house also about 10 miles away the arby's got blown down by a micro burst

Back