• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mid may Florida meet?

Former-Jeeper

CEG'er
I haven't any plans, but I was gonna go on a road trip some time this summer and I'm pickin up a new dash:drool: from another guy in Tallahassee later this month. I'd need a little help installin the new dash to replace the warped old one. I'm willin to go wherever in Florida, though I'd prefer like Tampa/Sarasota, St. Pete, or Orlando. Any ideas? Another parts and fix meet?

i might be interested im out in tampa. if anyone else wants to and we can get a deffinate date it will be easier for me to say.

I do belive it was Smalls' turn to put one together. So lets hear it buddy. Ft. Myers?

hahaha. i'll probably be moving into a house in the next few months. i'll see what i can do, i just dont really have a place to park all of our cars and fix them where i live right now.

I agree about them not just being about the vehicles, and I do love a good Barbeque, but my motives this time are being able to FINALLY see my hood from the INSIDE of my car, instead of seeing a huge wave of dashboard that is supposed to be flat. Oh and if we need anything, I get 10% off at Wal-Mart for most things, except most groceries. Idk if Soda counts or not.

man i think everyone should come a little more north..lol.. id like to meet all you guys but 2 and half hour drive is kind of a deal breaker i will know for sure when i hear some finallized plans.

man i think everyone should come a little more north..lol.. id like to meet all you guys but 2 and half hour drive is kind of a deal breaker i will know for sure when i hear some finallized plans.

Yeah, I feel ya there, It's 3 hours for me. But it's up for whoever takes initiative and has the capabilities to host. Like I said in the original post, I was lookin for a more central Florida meet, but I don't have the capabilities, so I'll take what I can get and sit back seat.

Ft. Myers is about a 2hr trip from Tampa, not that bad considering last meet was in Miami. BTW Ft. Myers is an ideal spot for most of the active members in FL, its a 2hr drive from here and Miami. Orlando is great for being in the center of the state, just need a good host to get everything together.

I could host except the only locales I have are public grounds like 2 parks around the corner from me. I'd have to find out if there's needed anythin to have a meet there as I live in a grand ole deed restricted subdivision. Also, I have some tools, but not a plethora like others do. If it goes back sockets, torx or other regularly available tools, it's outside my area, though if you need a fuse for your car, I have many of almost all and a few of the ones I don't have many of.

De Soto beach sounds like a great spot. my fiance has been begging me to go and this would give me a reason to actually wanna go lol.

The setup a one-on-one with Sam. He likes company :D

lol, yeah if he can come up, I don't have a problem, but I can't afford to go down there.

Oh and I have a local park that I can fit round 20 cars, has a lil place for us to cook and sit. It's actually in my sub division, just gotta check out if it's free or what. There's also a local speedway where we might be able to get some time.

Back