• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Methanol Injection Anyone? (Ever heard of it?)

mrdennis87

New CEG'er
I want to know if anyone's ever heard of methanol injection systems.. They supposed to give u 50+ hp, run your motor 100 degrees cooler, boost octane up to 120 if your running 93, and steam clean your whole engine, oh and give u up to 5 mpg .. anyone ever heard of i t? or use it ? What do you guys think ? It is about $300 for a kit, and it uses windshield washer fluid, because it has methanol(already mixed)..

Yes, there are a few guys in the UK running this kit on their Mondeo's

Snow Performance Stage 2 MAF kit

product-large_image-9.jpg

lots of guys on the 3S forums use meth/water injection so they can run more boost without causing knock. of course, im of the opinion that if you are getting knock with more boost from a given turbo then you either dont have enough fuel injector or are well outside the efficiency range for the turbo with the power you are trying to make. in which case a larger turbo is the proper solution, not meth/water injection.

btw, you dont use windshield washer fluid. most people convert the stock washer fluid tank into the reservoir for the meth/water so it looks stock and most have a low fluid level light in them already.

Oh..I was just trying to learn about it :D yeahuse old resivoir cuz of low level light..any idea how much horse methanol injection can add? Or if you'll feel a difference? Is it only activated when u floor it?

Oh..I was just trying to learn about it :D yeahuse old resivoir cuz of low level light..any idea how much horse methanol injection can add? Or if you'll feel a difference? Is it only activated when u floor it?

Btw, an information is greatly appreciated Ty guys so much:)

Back