• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Member's Classic rides

00CSVT/67Stang

New CEG'er
Ok, so i havent seen this thread here, members, if you have a classic or pics of a buddys old car, post pics!
Lets see if we can get a Mod to maybe make this a sticky if we're lucky enough
IMG_0278SMALL..jpgIMGSMALL_20121117_1&.jpg
MEMBERS NON CLASSIC RIDES LINK: http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?78927-Members-non-classic-rides!

**EDIT: So classic can be stated as either 20 years, or 25 years old. Now that makes some cars that are in the '90's classics, well lets define it the way the club im part of does: PRE ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION please guys, so '85 and older. (unless its a restomod TBI/Megasquirt/etc conversion)*******

Attachments

• IMG_0282SMALL..jpg
    IMG_0282SMALL..jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 0
Heres my buddys car, its a 57, fully restored by his dad 10 years ago. His dad passed away shortly after so now the car is his and I have yet to see him drive or start it, which is why its on my trailer. Its in bad mechanical shape now from sitting, and he bought a like new 04 GTO not too long ago that is now sitting right next to it, drives me insane!

57tow.jpg

Edit: Almost forgot, if your ever down here in Denver give me a holler! Not really any CEGrs in CO these days.

yours falls in the range of classic by years 79mustang351w and a nice looking notch you got. mine makes it(just)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I thought it was 25 years to be a classic?

AACA ( Antique auto club of America) defines an antique 25yrs or older and a classic as 20 - 45 yrs. Each state has its own definition of 25yrs or 20 yrs . Some clubs view classic's has brass era and do not view 70's and newer cars has classics. General rule is 20-25yrs. I only have a few more years and I could get an antique plate but the rules for it are not worth it but I do have collector car insurance from grundy.

Well, if 20 years is the standard, then my '93 Typhoon just qualifies.
l.jpg

l.jpg

...And with my old "classic" '81 Accord
l.jpg

great pics guys! keep them coming, the old toys need some love on here too.
but please, lets try to keep the "classic" to pre-85 though. if we went with the legal classic, then we'll wind up with '90 buick century's and ole Mighty Max pickups.

that typhoon is clean! is that a stock color?
It's Radar Blue, which was a test color at the time (two Radar Blue Typhoons were produced). Unfortunately, mine's not one of the original two. It was repainted from Royal Blue in '99 by the previous owner.

My buddies Mustang at a car show. 03 SVT Motor, and Interior pieces. Just one amazing car!

DSCN4320.jpg

DSCN4319.jpg

Yet another first place...

DSCN4332.jpg

Back