• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Meh

Nice. Since we are showing wheels, this is what is on the silver car...

0710140655_zps02cdd042.jpg

Small get together. Seems like the red one is missing here.

DSCN7709_zps904900d8.jpg

I think all post face lift headlights should have been black from the factory, but then again I made my life simple by switching to a cougar, lol....

Ok, ok, here it is in LIVING COLOR!

IMG_20140806_114951_zpsfhdnbuce.jpg

Like my sig says, it has the goods to back up the stripes (only old school CEG'ers would understand or remember that one) It has a 500 Madness tune (turned to #7), Euro Compulsion V2 R3T SRI and Nue-F engine mount insert. I have other cosmetic mods but the ones that make the A-Bart scoot are mentioned here. Future mods include:

-Light weight crank pulley
-Forge or ATM FMIC
-Nue-F race axle-back (last thing needed, turns the exhaust note to 11!)

Ok, ok, here it is in LIVING COLOR!

IMG_20140806_114951_zpsfhdnbuce.jpg

Like my sig says, it has the goods to back up the stripes (only old school CEG'ers would understand or remember that one) It has a 500 Madness tune (turned to #7), Euro Compulsion V2 R3T SRI and Nue-F engine mount insert. I have other cosmetic mods but the ones that make the A-Bart scoot are mentioned here. Future mods include:

-Light weight crank pulley
-Forge or ATM FMIC
-Nue-F race axle-back (last thing needed, turns the exhaust note to 11!)

Scratch off the last item for "future mods", I had a Modern Performance axle-back added a couple weeks agp, AWESOME!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

oh, you know, just the universal hatred of the fiat 500 abarth. it comes out at the absolute bottom af any sport sub-compact comparo they do... the fiesta st just won the last one they did. the cooper s comes in the middle. I've driven my fiancee's cooper s and if the abarth is worse then that I can't imagine driving one all the time.

oh, you know, just the universal hatred of the fiat 500 abarth. it comes out at the absolute bottom af any sport sub-compact comparo they do... the fiesta st just won the last one they did. the cooper s comes in the middle. I've driven my fiancee's cooper s and if the abarth is worse then that I can't imagine driving one all the time.

Well I've had the Abarth since Valentine's Day and have 10.5K on the clock, so I can give an educated opinion on it. First off this car is NOT for everyone, no doubt about it and I can see why people wouldn't like it. The fit and finish isn't going to be as good as say the Fiesta ST or MINI, no doubt about it but also keep in mind the Abarth is cheaper too, leaving you more money to mod the car, which they encourage. The Abarth has hard plastics on the dash and door panels whereas the ST and Coop are "better" materials. The resale value sucks with the Abarth too.

With all that said the Abarth has something the Fiesta ST and MINI don't have, well the MINI has some and its soul but the Abarth has waaaaaay more soul than the ST and certainly than the new, bloated MINI, did I mention how FAT the new MINI is, LOL! The Abarth is rough around the edges, loud and quirky and if you don't like those things, again, don't buy it.

I have mods done to my car and even before those mods, I enjoy walking out to that car every day, with the mods, I REALLY ENJOY GETTING INTO THE CAR! I had an 07' MINI Cooper S and it was the biggest POS. I would never own another one, the Fiesta ST is a great looking car with AWESOME optional seats but is too refined for me but again, I like rawness, if the Abarth we available with crank windows and manual locks, i'd be all about it, I wish the Abarth had no power steering too!

As far as the car mags go, well, I had a CRZ before the Abarth and they dogged it till they did a small car test and it barely finished behind the MINI. They were all surprised at how it performed because of what it had on paper and that's the problem with car rags, its what's written sometimes before they drive em'. I can't imagine driving anything other than my Abarth, btw I got 39.3 mpg on a trip back home to the D a couple monthes ago, 37 w/ the a/c on and hitting a traffic jam in Indiana too, just sayin' and also the insurance was cheaper than my CRZ too!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

Back